Home Gender & Sexuality
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How do you feel on gender neutral babies?

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
Hi guys before I start please remember the rules!! Not hate comments, no rude comments or not respecting others veiw.
KEEP IT FRIENDLY!!!

you might remember a few years ago a couple decided not to adress the sex of their baby saying that they can choose when they are older.
I was watching this morning tv show where parents had also decided to raise their baby as gender nutral. How do you feel about this?

ok so I have no problem with letting the child wearing or playing with what they want but I don’t know if I agree with not telling them their bialogical sex.

My only reason is the child not knowing where to go. Do they do boys pe or girls pe. Do they use the boys toilets or the girls toilets. And just in general what their sex is at the moment. I think it’s hard to decide who they want to be if they don’t know who they currently are. For example my friend who is transgender know that to be who he wants to be has to go through transition to change. But if you’re not taught what your body parts mean how can you tell if you want to change?
I Just feel as though until the child is old enough to decide they should be given a Sex this doesn’t mean they can’t express who they want to be.

please remember to respect others veiws and keep it polite!! Any hate speech or arguments will be reported!

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I honestly agree about that I'm non binary now myself but like I was never raised as a "girl" I was allowed to pick out what clothes I wanted and I preferred to play video games with my brothers ect so I was taught of my sex and where to go and what to do,  what will happen ect but there was no pressure on doing something a certain way so I could go and do what I wished :)

I think it's great not forcing your child into one thing but I do believe a nice bit of information would be good?  So they're not confused as you say x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    I think you both have raised great points. I still believe you should be told what sex you are born as but then be allowed to follow you heart. 

I never thought about that Aiden thats a really good point :) 

I was born female and I want to be famale and that is my choice 
    I was also allowed to be who I wanted to be and like I pretty much played with what I wanted. I loved dolls and teddies ect but try and give me a girls McDonald’s happy meal and I wasn’t happy 😂 I also liked playing with cars, video games pretty much anything regardless of its “stereotyped gender”
    I wouldn’t class myself as a girly girl but I wouldn’t class myself as a tomboy either. I Put make up on if I want to
    dress up if I want to or just sit around in my pjs and do nothing 😂😂.

I really like the point you made there Aidan. 

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Definitely agree one in a million ots definitely helpful to be raised a TJE sex you are but have no boundaries?
    Like stereotypes suck and they definitely need to leave.
    Thanks to them I went through a big old year long panic because I wasn't being a woman.
     but I realised I didn't have to act like one I can be the cool person I am without any problems :)

There is a way to raise your children free and open minded without not educating them on their sex and what they will experience ect x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld