Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What's on the menu?

LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Here's a really boring idea which consists of us posting about what we're going to eat.

We have a similar thread on another forum and it does rather well so I thought it could be fun (maybe?  😂)

Whenever we feel like being hipsters we can post what's for breakfast lunch or dinner or what we've baked 👌 and even share pictures if you feel proud you didn't burn it 😂

My lunch today is gonna be a peanut butter Sandwich, my lunch is always sandwiches or toast 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    + *hugs* @Laine super idea!

night time munchies is a bowl of homemade yoghurt with sliced peaches, cherries and banana
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Sounds lovely Floxy :D 
    Breakfast this morning was crisps on toast 
    Yep good old toast 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Can never go wrong with a huge mug of tea :) 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    Shorties and bourbons are my go to snack with a cup of tea,  had so much lately my hearts never been so fast 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Tonight's dins is Spanish stuffed tomatoes. And I'll be sipping a glass of chilled cow juice. Mooo!
    Ah good old Moo juice 😂 

Tonight's din was mashed potatoes and beans and now a few chocolate bourbons with a cuppa to calm my stress 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    chineeessseee =) 

I normally participate in Fear Food Friday but since my brain wont let me eat a fear food on a day i'm not working? I've switched it to Thursdays, and today im conquering a Chinese... not gonna lie a bit scared but gotta eat it to beat it :)

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Love a good Chinese Bubbles :D 
    I love this food fear Friday idea I've never heard of it might get into it I have a fear of new foods and that's when I'm off college so I'll give it a Go :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Well done by the way!  It's hard facing a fear I know x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Laine said:
    Love a good Chinese Bubbles :D 
    I love this food fear Friday idea I've never heard of it might get into it I have a fear of new foods and that's when I'm off college so I'll give it a Go :) 
    You should, it's great for that sort of thing :) I don't know if you have Instagram but if you look up #fearfoodfriday theres lots of ideas there, and it helps to know you're not alone in trying fear foods :) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Sipping a lovely comforting mug of real hot chocolate, before sleepitimes
    An ice cold root beer 😍

(my run feels pointless now 😂😂)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

For breakfast we have
    6 cuts of cheddar with a little mustard. 
    A packet of salt and vinegar crisps. 
    A handful of Texas BBC pringles. 
    A babybel and a dunker with a cuppa 👌

(I know my breakfast is something a kid would create when their mums gone and I have no regrets 😂😂😂)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Cheese toasties … the ultimate comfort food! <3
    Cheese everything! haha... cause apparently in hospital that's the only veggie food they serve :'(  
    Bringing back Fear Food Friday (on a Friday!) by having takeaway tonight! I normally do it on a Thursday, but in a good mood and missed it yesterday so thought i'd do it today instead :)
    Sounds yummy! :) I was in college today so had a Cornish pasty in the afternoon and some tinned spaghetti with cheese and crisps for dinner 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    What about desserts? Had ice cream

how cute is my lil ice cream bowl and spoon!!

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Desserts are definitely accepted!
    That looks so delicious and the bowl is adorable 😭 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Im planning on eating this enormous bag of Skittles so that I can sugar-rush through every social interaction I have today :):+1:

"Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    Hope they were delicious! Can't beat a good old sugar rush apart from when you crash 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Breakfast porridge dolloped with low sugar raspberry jam
    Hot buttered toast spread with meaty Bovril
    Cafetiere of coffee
  • fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    Alpen Jaffa cake cereal bar 
    Glass of cold water 
    Greek style Blueberry yoghurt 
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
    Sound yummy girls!  Breakfast was chocolate milkshake for me 😂

Lunch will be something from the canteen if my card works (I doubt it 😂)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Tonight  am having chicken fajitas. Usually really excited and is like my favourite thing to eat but ive just watched a 30 min video on why we should all be a vegan, now i kinda dont want it
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Those videos always get me :(

Can you not substitute for beans and pulses or qourn chicken? 

Provides its not halah it's less inhumane x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Breakfast is,  3 slices of buttered toast,  a blueberry muffin and some cheese puffs. 

Comfort food for a bad day 💕

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Tonight is a naughty chocolate sauce filled donut and a glass of cold milk. :p
    Ooh naughty indeed @Floxy 😂 

Sounds yummy @Aidan 😍 I really miss ham and cheese sarnies 😂

I've just had a blueberry muffin and some cinnamon milk before bed :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    edited October 2018
    ^ @Laine I do love a blueberry muffin, yummy! 

Last night it was gammon 😋

Today it is Apple cereal bar, cherry yogurt and glass of orange juice for brekkie. For lunch, it is Greggs Mexican chicken pasta pot and for tea is roast chicken as far as I am aware 😊 
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come «