Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Weekly Challenge #64

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Image result for try something new quote

Hey everyone,

This week's challenge is all about trying something new each day this week. You could try doing your hair differently, wearing some clothes you don't normally wear or haven't worn yet, trying new food, starting a new hobby, yoga, changing up your morning routine, listening to a new song/artist, baking a new recipe, reading a new book, saying hi to someone you don't normally talk to, or you could even do something that is out of your comfort zone. It's completely up to you what you choose to do as something new. Once you've done something new, comment below to let us know what you did! 

Hope you have fun taking part in this weeks challenge! I'm looking forward to hearing about what you did that was new :) 

Thank you Shaunie for the great challenge idea! If you're interested in getting involved in some of the fun things we have going on at The Mix such as suggesting a weekly challenge idea, posting up your own weekly challenge, submitting something for the newsletter or hosting a general chat, let us know over on this form.

- Aife
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Weekly Challenge #64 4 votes

Guess the movie from movie quotes
25% 1 vote
Motivational quotes challenge
75% 3 votes
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit

Aw yay thank you using suggestion!
    Ive actually been trying to try something new everyday last week, mostly new food and doing my hair differntly cause just basic & boring lol. Probs just me?lolSo this is actually yesterday but was totally proud of it lol even though so messy but ive been trying to do fish plait recently to try new & was actually hard but manged this yesterday, my sister does it a lot better tho, dunno probs the only one who finds it so hard?🙃🙃🙃.  

But today ill be trying hallumi burgers, dont think will like it tho. 

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    today I tried something new by being honest with my cpn (shocker I know) but finally told her about my eldest sister that I found out existed 2 years ago, she did wonder why ive never mentioned it before as ive been seeing her for a lot longer but oh well, it done now lol. it's something ive wanted to talk about for a long time but never knew how to bring it up, but it was good to have a long chat about it :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    But today ill be trying hallumi burgers, dont think will like it tho. 
    I was pretty sure i ate rubber lol, yeah didnt like it ahh. 

This morning i walked my dog instead of in evening. Really didnt wanna wake up that early but told myself i would. But totally glad i did. I actually havent been outside in the morning for ages and i totally forgot how different and freash the morning air is ? Really peaceful & still
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I dunno if this counts but watchced something new so guess it does ah?but i have been watching “TV for dogs” nearly all morning ha. Felt selfish  for hogging the tv lol so searched TV for dogs in youtube & connected to the tv.  He actually loved it & actually watched it for a good few minutes, think cause he saw all the green stuff & is slow (or dogs see in black and white?) but now he is asleep think cause now i have “relaxing music for dogs” ah actually works.  But i think i love it more than he does ahahh. Watched cute lil chipmucks upclose. Really relaxing. Im so tired now tho ha 
    Post edited by Siena on
  • Options
    It's so lovely to hear what you've all been trying new this week. @Shaunie your fishtail plait is so good! I've tried doing them before and they are so hard! 

It's really positive to hear that you opened up to your cpn @BubblesGoesBoo! Great to hear it helped to have a long chat about your sister :) 

I've always wanted to get into yoga, so this evening I might try and do one of those yoga videos on YouTube :) 

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Mine sounds stupid but i tired somthing new by starting college this week and for some people this dont sounds ver significant but for me who hates going anywhee new it really pushed me out of my comfort !
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Ah i can do those two french plait things but fish plaits are hard. 

Does anyone listen to podcasts? On my way to walking to work the other week- i normaly just listen to music but i listened to pod casts instead- it was of true crime. Was actually interesting and bit of a different to just listening to music all time. 

@Aife hope you enjoy your yoga if you did it ah. Ive never done it -i dont think ah but would like to try it atleast 
  • Options
    Mine sounds stupid but i tired somthing new by starting college this week and for some people this dont sounds ver significant but for me who hates going anywhee new it really pushed me out of my comfort !
    Millie this sounds very significant!!! I hope it all goes okay! Getting out of your comfort zome can sometimes definetly help with confidence
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Ive tried somting called Bodybalance it’s a les mills virtual class and is mix of ti-chia, yoga and pilaties @Aife might be good to see if you local lesuire centre does it or ... get hold of a Wii and Wii fit Board and game ( costs around £30/£40 now for all it ) and there yoga in there 

@Shaunie Thank you 

and for both of you I found yoya helped to decrease my anxiety levels temporarily 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Hey @Millie2787 that's great to hear you started collage this week! Such a great achievement! Well done :) I hope it's going well. Thanks for letting me know about Bodybalance, that does sound really fun actually. I'll have to look into it :) 

@Shaunie I love podcasts! I listened to a really good crime one called Serial a while ago. I also recently listened to Fearne Cotton's podcast series too. It was really really good! Would definitely recommend. It's called Happy Place. 

I ended up doing a quick 10 minute yoga video in the end! It was okay, think I picked an easy one so will be fun to try something more challenging next time.

Keep trying new things everyone! This has been a really fun challenge. I'm about to post up the challenge for this week so keep an eye out for that!