Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Song lyrics you like

SienaSiena Posts: 15,493 Skive's The Limit
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey

so thought we could share song lyrics we just like. Or just ones we find motivational or inspiring. 

So ill start, know i like loads more lyrics than this but these are ones that come to mind atm. (i like mostly R&B, all the mainstream music , indie, grime and some rap)

if we’re only ever looking back, we will drive ourselves insane” — Bastille - Bad Blood

Also Lovee NF & his song - Remember This. - I like all of the lyrics in this but will put this part. ...
 “I heard that life's too short, don't let it pass you by / We waste a lot of time crying over wasted time / It's not about what people think, it's how you feel inside / My biggest failures in life are knowing I never tried”
Really Like the   “its not about what people think, its how you feel inside”
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2018

Macklemore - Glourious. “I heard you die twice, once when they bury you in the grave / And the second time is the last time that somebody mentions your name / So when I leave here on this earth, did I take more than I gave?” 

- this made me think 

Also like — “ Imade it through the darkest part of the night /And now I see the sunrise”

Professor Green - Lullaby “ i just wish someone would tell me it would be Ok/ But pessimism leads me to believe that it won't /To see even a glimmer of hope in the darkness Is hard and depression is a slippery slope/[triggering part] /So I carry on even though it's hard to / The only thing that's definite is death and things always change / As long as you give em a chance to” 

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Bebe Rexha - I'm gonna show you crazy: " There's a war inside my head sometimes I wish that I was dead i'm broken, So I call this therapist and she said 'girl you cant be fixed just take this' , I'm tired of trying to be normal, i'm always overthinking, I'm driving myself crazy, so what if im fucking crazy"
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Bebe Rexha - I'm gonna show you crazy: " There's a war inside my head sometimes I wish that I was dead i'm broken, So I call this therapist and she said 'girl you cant be fixed just take this' , I'm tired of trying to be normal, i'm always overthinking, I'm driving myself crazy, so what if im fucking crazy"
    Thanks for sharing @BubblesGoesBoo  <3

• Options
    edited September 2018

Machine gun kelly, X ambassadors & Bebe Rexha - Home

“I didn't power through the struggle / Just to let a little trouble, knock me out of my position / And interrupt the vision...”

This part isnt actually from the actual song but is from the beginiing of the music video though i like the lyrics aswell. Alessia Cara - Wild things -

“To me where the wild things are is a place that exists in our minds, it is a place of liberty and shamelessness. It can take a split second of our life time to find it, but once you do, youll be free”

James Morrison -Demons. “I got demons tryin'a get to me / But they'll never take me down / I'm only human /Underneath my skin the cuts run deep / I just need a little time to work em out” 

- great song. Also has an interesting music video