Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Introduce yourself

12346»

Comments

• LanceWellmanLanceWellman Posts: 9 Confirmed not a robot
    Hello, the internets!
    My name is Lance, I'm 13 and I am currently writing a book in my spare time. I don't like tomatoes or annoying idiots, but I do like anime, manga and musicals. I can speak 3 languages (French and the bare basics of Japanese and Spanish), I can also do 5 different accents for fun. IDK why! I found this lifeline through a summer writing course where I came out to some select people as possibly being transgender.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Hello, the internets!
    My name is Lance, I'm 13 and I am currently writing a book in my spare time. I don't like tomatoes or annoying idiots, but I do like anime, manga and musicals. I can speak 3 languages (French and the bare basics of Japanese and Spanish), I can also do 5 different accents for fun. IDK why! I found this lifeline through a summer writing course where I came out to some select people as possibly being transgender.
    Welcome welcome, Lance. :wave:

Love the intro - a person of many talents! Great to see you already getting stuck in and posting. I'm Mike, one of the moderators that you'll see drifting through from time to time.

EDIT: I don't know if this will be of interest, but we run group chat sessions specifically for under 16's every other Saturday, from 6-7:30. There's one tonight. If you're interested, keep an eye on this forum for the announcement post and more details. You can also find more info about our group chats and our wider schedule here. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • DreamerGirlDreamerGirl Posts: 3 Newbie
    Hi, I'm new here. My name's Allison and I'm a 19-year-old Canadian. I love internet forums, so I thought I'd give this one a try. Besides browsing the internet, I like making up imaginary characters and worlds in my head. I want to be a writer someday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hi, I'm new here. My name's Allison and I'm a 19-year-old Canadian. I love internet forums, so I thought I'd give this one a try. Besides browsing the internet, I like making up imaginary characters and worlds in my head. I want to be a writer someday.

Hi Allison and welcome to our boards. Your avatar is very pretty, and promising of summer, too.

I'd love to be a writer, too, and recently bought on a friend's recommendation a second-hand paperback called The Fiction Writer's Handbook by Nancy Smith. You can buy it off amazon for mere cents plus postage. It's a fantastic good read and very informative. Until then, I didn't realise just how many superb books were available from that shopping site, and shipping costs a fraction of what any new book would cost, so buy it. Do you belong to a writer's forum? Mibba would be good as I already belong to it and one of our twin children. http://www.mibba.com/

Our forum will be highly supportive to you, so do reach out like many of us whe in need. People are wonderful here, as are the staff. Have a great bank holiday weekend!

Mandy :wave:
    Floxy wrote: »

Hi Allison and welcome to our boards. Your avatar is very pretty, and promising of summer, too.

I'd love to be a writer, too, and recently bought on a friend's recommendation a second-hand paperback called The Fiction Writer's Handbook by Nancy Smith. You can buy it off amazon for mere cents plus postage. It's a fantastic good read and very informative. Until then, I didn't realise just how many superb books were available from that shopping site, and shipping costs a fraction of what any new book would cost, so buy it. Do you belong to a writer's forum? Mibba would be good as I already belong to it and one of our twin children. http://www.mibba.com/

Our forum will be highly supportive to you, so do reach out like many of us whe in need. People are wonderful here, as are the staff. Have a great bank holiday weekend!

Mandy :wave:
    Thank you! :) I've joined writing sites before, but not been very active. I have a habit of joining sites but then quickly abandoning them. But I'll check that site out.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit

Welcome to the forum👋🏻👋🏻 Im also 19. Definetly not as creative though! Sounds interesting
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Thank you! :) I've joined writing sites before, but not been very active. I have a habit of joining sites but then quickly abandoning them. But I'll check that site out.

I'm sure you'll like mibba though it would be useful remaining here for any support you may be wanting. Originally I joined to be supportive to my partner, but she had reasons to leave but I remained here, not only to give support to those in need, but also to help for myself. The help I've received has been awesome and in particular are the group chats which are held most days of the week except for Fridays and fortnightly udner 16's which sadly I'm too old for. I recommend you make a chat account here

http://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/group-chat

at the time the chats start, it only takes a minute to register and then you can join a very friendly chat (support chat or general chat) that always is well moderated by a staff member. And that is how in remaining a member I have got to know some terrific people.

Are you considering going to university? If you want to become a writer, then perhaps working on a degree course in, eg. English Grammar, Literature and Journalism. These days having a degree is advantageous and with knowledge gained from learning at university will give you the edge over your competitors. Wish I had the time to do a university course, but I'm in the music business (still hyper from tonight's concert) and use Cubase for composing. Sometimes I reckon I compose music in my sleep, ha ha - I love it so much!
    Shaunie wrote: »

Welcome to the forum👋🏻👋🏻 Im also 19. Definetly not as creative though! Sounds interesting
    Thank you!

@Floxy: I have been taking some online university courses. I've taken an English course, and am going to start a Children's Literature course this week. I'm not sure what I want to major in, if anything, though.
    Thank you!

@Floxy: I have been taking some online university courses. I've taken an English course, and am going to start a Children's Literature course this week. I'm not sure what I want to major in, if anything, though.

I won't worry too much at this time because you will probably have a good idea once finishing your degree course. My partner is doing an online BSc in Tudor history, loving it, but is leaning towards restoring high end antique and vintage furniture and visiting auctions, whereas I've set up a small handmade jewellery business making small pieces using sterling silver, abalone shell and amber. I sell to tourists. During times when our music dries up, then we'll go to town and busk.

At the end of your degree courses, like Belle's, what you graduate in will probably be where an income is likely to be made. It's good though having more than one job if poss, so if one area fails then you'll have the other to fall back on. In addition to my music career, I do do bookkeeping. It's a steady job bringing in regular income though not as exciting as being onstage. I think if we can stay one step ahead and keep track on current trends, then what is appealing most will become rewarding.
  • butterfly72butterfly72 Posts: 6 Confirmed not a robot
    Hello :)

My name is Lily and I am 19

I really enjoy listening to music, dancing, art, walking, reading

Hello :)

My name is Lily and I am 19

I really enjoy listening to music, dancing, art, walking, reading

Hiya Lily :)

I'm into all of your hobbies except art though I'm interested in what artist(s) you like. Do you paint, by the way? If I were to choose an artist it would be impressionist painter Claude Monet and maritime artist Roger Charles Desoutter.

• SophJayne94SophJayne94 Posts: 45 Boards Initiate
    Hello I am Sophie and I am 24 and looking for some friends to talk to as a bit lonely at the moment.
  • ellyelly Posts: 10 Settling in
    Hi everyone, I'm Elly. Would like to speak to some like minded people who are maybe going through something similar to me.
    elly said:
    Hi everyone, I'm Elly. Would like to speak to some like minded people who are maybe going through something similar to me.
    Welcome Elly!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • hotlyhotly Posts: 4 Newbie
    Hi Im Matt, I'm 17 and into cars and gaming, I'm in second year college studying history, psychology and ICT. 
    I struggle to really feel confident about myself, which co insides a lot of things, have like a half life story on my feed which explains it a bit better (poorly mind you ahaha)
  • row11row11 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Hi, I'm row. I'm 19 years old and am currently studying a BTEC L3 diploma in Biology.
  • YzziYzzi Posts: 1 Just got here
    Hi I'm Yzzi and I'm 13 years old. I like to play video games with my friends. I don to like talking in person, but online is fun. 
    Yzzi said:
    Hi I'm Yzzi and I'm 13 years old. I like to play video games with my friends. I don to like talking in person, but online is fun. 
    Welcome to the site @Yzzi