Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help with pills please

EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
edited August 2018 in Drink & Drugs
I forgot to bring my anti-anxiety/depression/OCD with me today and I am staying overnight. Will it be okay if when I go home I take it then?

I usually take them in the morning and feel so stupid for forgetting to bring them that I can't sleep. I won't get home untill 8-10 in the evening so I'll end up taking it about 12 hours late. Is this bad? :/

Please let me know what to expect. I know everything won't come back all at once but the Doctor said it was a type that should be reduced slowly and not stopped as just stopping could cause health issues. 

Just need some reassurance please, if anyone here has forgotten meds before it would be helpful to have your opinion on this please. I can't stop worrying about it. 
"Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    As i found out recently in hospital most meds it doesn't matter if you skip a dose (everyone forgets occasionally) take them when you get home though. I've skipped them before and it did make me feel a bit headlight. Could you go to a pharmacy and explain the situation? I've also done this before and they can give up to a weeks prescription. 

Try not to worry about it too much but take them as soon as possible! It's hard to tell if you'll get any withdrawals with the name of the med but if you do you could contact nhs 24 just to check it out :) 

Hope you managed to get some sleep!  <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    edited August 2018
    I second asking a pharmacy if you're worried,  most have phone numbers if you Google and you can ask over the phone. 

My sister quit an antidepressant cold turkey and while I don't recommend doing it because it's potentially rather dangerous she did okay and so missing one isn't gonna hurt, just take it as soon as you get back :)
    Post edited by TheMix on

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    @BubblesGoesBoo
    Im not sure if I can go to a pharmacy as I don't have any proof of medication on me, did you show them a prescription paper or anything?

"Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    I've done this, too. Now, I have a pillbox attached to my keyring. They can be cheap made from alluminium or more robust from crushproof stainless steel, but all of these clever little containers have O-rings to keep dust and water out. Some have separate sections so various meds can be carried. Very handy.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Eyepatch said:
    @BubblesGoesBoo
    Im not sure if I can go to a pharmacy as I don't have any proof of medication on me, did you show them a prescription paper or anything?

Heey, yeahh I did, it's always handy to carry on just incase. i'm sure if not they could contact your dr to confirm. what did you do in the end?
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    I ended up catching an earlier train home, felt really nervous and dizzy on the way back. When I got back I took my meds and was still so on edge I forgot to eat. Didn't sleep great but I'll try and find a med container for next time so I don't forget. I'll also put my prescription paper in my wallet just in case. Thanks for the support everyone, going to try to get on as normal today. I still have a headache and feel off but hopefully that will go soon. 
  • RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    edited September 2018
    From my understanding with medication, the general rule I've been told with mine, if you miss a dose thats fine, but don't take a double dose to make up for it.
    Are you feeling better now? When I used to go out out places, I would cut a tablet off the thingy they come in (the thing you take the tablet out of) and put that in my wallet, so its sealed and easy to find.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch
    @Rhys Putting one in my wallet is a great idea, thanks :) 

I felt very nervous and paranoid for a while after but that could just be nerves, I'll put a spare in my wallet just in case as I always check that its in my bag/pocket before leaving (otherwise I can't buy my train tickets) 

Thank you so much everyone for helping, if I ever forget again then I'll feel better knowing all the things you have told me :) 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey @Eyepatch I found a dirt cheap keychain key ring pills holder. Made from aluminium alloy it measures 45mmx 14mm and cost just 33p post free. After posting this, I'll pm you the link. :)