Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hi, my name is jeremyapp55!

jeremyapp55jeremyapp55 Posts: 1 Just got here
I'm 16 and I've been going through some rough times I've been being used as a slave I do everything for everyone that lives in my house and I get treated horrible. I get called names I get pushed around and I was wondering if there was a way I could move or something cause this house and family do not deserve me and plus I have people who would take me in and care for me and I go to there house once in awhile and I feel a lot more comfortable there. So can you please help me out of this house and give me some advice cause I can't handle this pain and stress anymore 

Comments

• fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    Hi there, 

Welcome to the Mix! I hope you are settling in well, well done for reaching out for support and you will be greatly helped here.

Hope your doing okay, if you need someone to talk to i’m just a message away - your welcome to pm me anytime. 

I’m sorry your struggling it is awful and I wish I could advise you further but I haven’t got much experience in this and wouldn’t want to advise you wrong. You could use the Mix support like webchat or phoning them and they should be able to advise you further and help you make a plan for a way forward. You could maybe have a chat to social services about this, but the Mix staff will be able to give you more information if you need it. 

Lauren :)
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Welcome to the Mix

You've been really brave and taken the first step in finding help, well done :) 

It might be a good idea to make a post perhaps under home, law & money with a few examples of what you are going though so that people can give more direct advice. You are not alone, we are here for you and so is the Mix helpline or Childline if you ever need to chat :)  
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey @jeremyapp55

Welcome to the forum! It's lovely to have you here :) 

You've taken a really positive step to reach out for support here. What you're going through sounds incredibly tough and I'm so sorry to hear how bad things are for you at home. There's lots of support out there and you don't have to go through this alone. Thoughtsy and Eyepatch have suggested some great places you can reach out to. How do you feel about reaching out to somewhere like Childline? Have you told anyone else about what's going on at home?

You might like to have a read though this article that's on The Mix's website. It's all about what your options are if you're 16 and want to move out of home. 

Keeping posting here whenever you like, we're here for you :) 

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Mama_UMama_U Posts: 30 Boards Initiate
    hey @jeremyapp55
    I kind of get where ur coming from. I honestly think that u should tell someone. I hated it when someone told me to tell my problems to an adult but i honestly have got through a lot because of them.
    The people u stay with, you should probably start by telling them.

Hope this helped Jeremy 
    I love jeremy kyle  :3 
  • petal123petal123 Posts: 21 Boards Initiate
    Hey love, I think telling an adult in the places that could take you in might be the best thing to do. I’ve never been in this situation before but is there a way you could possibly protest to doing all these jobs? Or stay out of the house for as long as you can? 

I really hope it all works out for you lovely, they don’t deserve to have you if they don’t respect and appreciate you💗 just remember that you’re 16 and in two years you could be off to university and you can do whatever you want. Not long to go, you seem strong and I’m sure you’ll make it !💗
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey,

i hope you’re able to reach out to someone, whether that be childline or someone else or find a way to get out of a situation that is makin you so unhappy & in pain. 

I’m sorry I dont have much advice. But I wish all the best
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley