Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What happened to my old account

I_Am_SamI_Am_Sam Posts: 3 Newbie
I came here at a very difficult time in my life. I took some time off for personal reasons but recently tried to log on and my old account (I am Sam) has completely gone, what happened?

Comments

• EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Welcome Back!

It could be due to the change in boards, or how long ago since you last logged in? might be a good idea to @ the mix and ask them. Or you could post about what you are going through on your new account as writing about the difficult time you are having might help how you feel :) 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey Sam! 

Since the switch from vbulletin to vanilla some old accounts didn't log on before the switch has been lost and registered as "previous member" 

I don't know if there's a way to get that back so definitely worth asking a mod. 

All the best :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey @I_Am_Sam

Welcome back! 

As @Laine and @eyepatch mentioned, we recently moved to a new forum software and because of data protection laws, we had to get everyone's permission in order to move their accounts over to our new forum. To do this, everyone needed to login to their account between March-June before we moved. For those people who didn't login to their account before this time, their posts and threads still remain on the forum but they are all under the username 'Former Member'. You should still be able to find your threads if you search for them. It's not possible to link your old threads to your new account I'm afraid, but you are more than welcome to start new threads to reach out for support about anything. 

It's lovely to have you back here :) 

- Aife

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • I_Am_SamI_Am_Sam Posts: 3 Newbie
    Thanks guys 
  • I_Am_SamI_Am_Sam Posts: 3 Newbie
    Thanks guys