Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I’m new here!

fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
Hello, I’m Lauren and I just joined The Mix 💓
i don’t really have many friends so would love to talk to some new people as I’m getting very  lonely. 

If you would like to chat with me, message me or comment here  <3

« I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
Tagged:

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey Lauren! Hope youre okay
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    Shaunie said:
    Hey Lauren! Hope youre okay
    Hey Shaunie, I’m okay I guess. How are you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Welcome @Thoughtsy to our boards :)

Tonight I would have liked to have chatted to you, but for feeling very fatigued, had to log out and rest.

There is tremendous support on the boards, so reach out for help and we will do all we can to be here for you, giving support and encouraging you. I have a 12 year old ward called Sophie so I understand younger ones very well, but I am very glad you joined.

Best wishes,
    Mandyx
    Floxy said:
    Welcome @Thoughtsy to our boards :)

Tonight I would have liked to have chatted to you, but for feeling very fatigued, had to log out and rest.

There is tremendous support on the boards, so reach out for help and we will do all we can to be here for you, giving support and encouraging you. I have a 12 year old ward called Sophie so I understand younger ones very well, but I am very glad you joined.

Best wishes,
    Mandyx
    Thank you Floxy :) it is completely fine I’ve replied to your dm so hopefully I can catch you soon. 

Your all so lovely, I feel so welcome. THANK YOU :)
    i’m really happy I discovered this even though I was getting a bit confused I think I’ve found everything now. 

Lauren ❤️
  • SophJayne94SophJayne94 Posts: 45 Boards Initiate
    I am in the same position and hopefully I will find people in a similar position as me 💖
    I am in the same position and hopefully I will find people in a similar position as me 💖
    I’ve messaged you 💗
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I know this is a bit late but thanks ever so much for your comments last night ❤ and welcome to the boards!

Hope you are already settling in you may be aware of chats already but they're great for meeting new people and relaxing, you will find many nice people around here so don't hesitate to chat to anyone we're all here to help each other out :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Heey Lauren, welcome to the mix :) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Laine said:
    I know this is a bit late but thanks ever so much for your comments last night ❤ and welcome to the boards!

Hope you are already settling in you may be aware of chats already but they're great for meeting new people and relaxing, you will find many nice people around here so don't hesitate to chat to anyone we're all here to help each other out :)
    Thank you Laine ❤️ It’s no problem, lovely to meet you and glad I could help. Yes I’m loving the chats, they were how I found out about the discussion boards. 

Hope your okay, I’m here if you want to talk. 

Heey Lauren, welcome to the mix :) 
    Hello BubblesGoesBoo

Thank you, lovely to meet you :)
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    edited August 2018
    Hi Lauren,

Welcome to the forum!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ellyelly Posts: 10 Settling in
    Hi everyone, I'm new here as well. Not 100% sure how all of this works yet but just thought I'd introduce myself as this thread is relevant to me 
    Thanks x
    elly said:
    Hi everyone, I'm new here as well. Not 100% sure how all of this works yet but just thought I'd introduce myself as this thread is relevant to me 
    Thanks x
    Hi there, 

Welcome to The Mix!
    Just ask if you need anything, you quickly get the gist of how things work here and we are all friendly so feel free to talk to us and ask for support if you need it. 

Hope your doing okay, I’m only a message away if you need me. 

Best Wishes ♥️
    Lauren x
    Hi Lauren,

Thank you, that's really nice to know. I hope you're okay as well. I'm turning in for the night now but it would be great to have a proper chat soon. 

Elly x
    Hi Sophie,

Hope you don't mind me messaging but I saw you were on this board and are a teaching assistant? I just did that for 2 years :) if you ever fancy a chat just drop me a message x
    elly said:
    Hi Lauren,

Thank you, that's really nice to know. I hope you're okay as well. I'm turning in for the night now but it would be great to have a proper chat soon. 

Elly x
    Okay well hope to talk to you soon. 

Lauren x
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Welcome Lauren! 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Aife said:
    Welcome Lauren! 
    Thank you Aife!