Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hi, my name is SophJayne94!

SophJayne94SophJayne94 Posts: 45 Boards Initiate
Hello my name is Sophie, I would love to meet some new friends and speak to new people, I don't have the best of luck with friends and feel that this needs to change.
I am a recently qualified teaching assistant working in a primary school and I absolutely love it but I just feel that on the outside of work I don't have a very good social life, I have an amazing boyfriends but no friends to spend my time with.

Anyway please get in touch if you would love to know more
x <3

Comments

• EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Hi, Welcome to the Mix!
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • SophJayne94SophJayne94 Posts: 45 Boards Initiate
    Hi thank you very much
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey Sophie welcome!
    Hope youre okay

Have you heard of a website called “meetup” may also benefit from that
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Hello yeah just a bit down I just don’t have many friends and it’s getting me down now.
    But I will definitely be trying that out and having a go thank you x 
  • fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    Hello, I’d love to get to know you. I’m new here to and I’m very lost I don’t have many friends unfortunately but I’d love to talk  <3<3

I’m unable to start conversations as my new message button seems to have disappeared no idea why but then again I have no idea what im doing so.

Lauren ❤️
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
    I have no idea where mine is either😞 I would love to get to know you too that would be great will have to look tomorrow on my big computer and see if I can do it now off to sleep but defiantly talk tomorrow 💖
  • fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    I have no idea where mine is either😞 I would love to get to know you too that would be great will have to look tomorrow on my big computer and see if I can do it now off to sleep but defiantly talk tomorrow 💖
    Hey, you need to get to 10 posts (Fast Newbie) before you can send messages. I’ll make us a chat tho so we can talk some more :)
    I’d love to get to know you as I such a lonely person 💖

Best Wishes, talk today 
    Lauren
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
    That’s amazing thank you :) 💖
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Heey! Welcome to the boards  :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Hey thank you very much hopefully I will find some people to talk to :) 
    @SophJayne94 can message me anytime  :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Ah thank you so much are you on here for the same reason or something else?
    @SophJayne94 nah I'm on here to get support for my mental health, but it's always lovely meeting new people :) 
    Ah okay and yeah sounds good 
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hi SophJayne94,

Welcome to the forum!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Hi thank you so much hope your okay? 💖
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome welcome! :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Welcome to The Mix. Our community of friends are very caring so hop onto any topic and jump straight in. Reach out for support and you will be greatly helped.

Best wishes,
    Mandy :)
  • RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    Welcome to the boards!
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch
    Just want to find people in same position but haven’t found many yet 💖
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Welcome Sophie :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Thank just not very good at this and now getting hurt for it :(
    Hello it certainly is indeed I would to get to know you more if you do too 💖
    Back to square one again just give up 😭
    @SophJayne94 Don't give up, teaching is always hard at first but you will adapt to the change and overtime become great at it! Did something happen to make you feel this way? 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    Just people letting me down again try so hard with people but never get the same back which Is a shame 
    Be proud of yourself for trying your best, it doesn't always matter what others are doing. You are being brave and putting yourself out there, working to the best of your ability takes a lot of effort. Trying hard is something you should reward yourself for, it takes bravery and extra effort. You tried your best even when others didn't, thats something to be proud of. :) 
    Thank you so much just don’t like it when people promise me things and they break them, then I get hurt again just don’t understand wish people could treat other people with respect but unfortunately that doesn’t happen anymore.
    Unfortunately promises can break, all you can do is keep being the best person you can be. Maybe then others will look up to you and start being the best person they can be too :) 
    Yeah hopefully, just me from now on I think and the person I love no one else anymore thank you :)