Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hi!

Hi guys! 
My name is Phoebe and I've suffered from self harm and BPD since I was 11. I'm 12 now and trying my hardest to recover. However I am developing anorexia.
I hope we can be friends 

Comments

• RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    Welcome to the boards Phoebe, hopefully you can find what you need here :smile:

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    edited July 2018
    Hello Phoebe, welcome to our boards. Though it's a bit quiet here because many are holidaying, I'm sure you will get support quicker. Though the forums are slow right now, you would greatly benefit phoning Childline on 0800 1111.

A year ago when in crisis, I called them. They were so understanding and lovely to talk to. I was 17 then and the kind lady I talked to was patient, empathic and very helpful. She waited while I made notes. I was at a turning point in my life and was very glad to have called Childline. :)

The other great chance at getting support though, is here on Sundays and Tuesdays called Support Circle. You can find the 'join' links to chat when chats are open:

http://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/group-chat  < It only takes a minute to make a chat account.

And this  https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3592569/support-circle-tuesday-24-07-2018#latest   is all about Support Circle and how brilliant it really is.

You can recover from self-harm. I've been months free from it though it wasn't easy, I got through my ordeal with the help of Support Circle and from Childline. And my girlfriend. So don't give up hope dear, you can get through it.

I hope you have a nice day today.

Best wishes :)

Mandy

Edit: Childline:  https://www.childline.org.uk/

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey Phoebe,

Welcome to the boards! It's lovely to have you here. 

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Welcome Phoebe
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hi Phoebe,

Welcome!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.