Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Meeting my girlfriend’s family for the first time

attracted18attracted18 Posts: 1 Just got here

The idea of meeting a Chinese family is making me terrified. It sends chills down to my spine. I don’t have the slightest idea of what to do. My girlfriend is a Shenyang woman whom I met in a foreign socials I attended two months ago. I will be meeting her entire family one week from now. I am quite nervous as to how to act normal in front of them. I want to ask ideas on my girlfriend but I don’t want her to misinterpret things. I don’t want her to think I am afraid to meet her family. She might think I’m not really serious about her. I don’t want that to happen. Can you help me out instead? How should I behave in a place full of Shenyangs?

Tagged:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Oh dear. This would give me the willies, too! But I went in search and happened upon a blog about a guy meeting his Chinese girlfriend's family.

Chinese Traditions: Meeting your girlfriend’s family.

I hope it  might be useful. =)

• TheAprilFoolTheAprilFool Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    I agree with @Floxy that it might be a good idea to research their traditions. If it really worries you then you should try to talk to your girlfriend about it. She should be able to reassure you a little and tell you about anything important that you need to know. I'm sure everything will be fine, they'll probably be understanding when it comes to cultural differences.  :)