Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

distractionsplease

Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Options
    TheAprilFoolTheAprilFool Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    Hi @Meggles
    I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so anxious. I'm sure it will pass soon.  <3

I find that meditation helps with this kind of thing. You can find a guided meditation online for pretty much anything. Maybe just listen to some calming music or practice mindfulness. There are plenty of meditation apps out there, and a lot of them also come with things like mood trackers and other features that you can tailor to your own specific needs. There are also plenty of ones online that you can download, or you can find some on YouTube.

YouTube is also great if you want to be distracted rather than to just listen to something calming. If there are any particular youtubers that you like then it can help to watch some of their videos. Even if you've seen them all before, watching something that you know well is a great way to calm yourself because you know what to expect. The same thing works with things like movies and TV shows. It could also help to read something. Either by reading something that you've read before or by reading something new. It doesn't have to be a book, even just reading a poem or a news article gives you information to distract yourself with. 

If something specific is bothering you then it could help to write about it. It could help you to get things off your chest or start working on a solution. You could share what you've written with someone that you trust, or you could save the letter or destroy it. 

Maybe you could try to challenge yourself or learn something new. Doing something like learning a new language or practising on a musical instrument can help to take you're mind off whatever is worrying you. I started learning French online and it's good to take just ten minutes out of the day to do something that gives me a sense of achievement. It might also be a good idea to look into starting a sport or joining a club, even if you don't do anything you would have distracted yourself by looking.

Online games can be a good distraction. Things like story-based games or puzzle games can be a good way to get your mind focused on something else. Again, it can be good to do something that you're familiar with. Websites like Bored Button take you to other random sites which can be calming or distracting. 

Talking to people is also helpful, even if you don't talk about how you feel. Sometimes it's good to try different ways of talking to people. There are plenty of apps and websites if you don't have anyone around you that you can really talk to. Sometimes I just browse the app store and try out different apps that look interesting. 

I hope this helps :)

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Meggles, 

Just wanted to check in to see how you are doing? :heart:

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Sending you hugs, 

We are always here if you ever need to talk, 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Hello, 

Having hundreds of thoughts all at once can make you feel stressed, you could try writing them down in a list or doing something you enjoy as a distraction. I like to draw when Im stressed, meditation can help or some calm music. You could even write a story about characters going though the same troubles as you, and how they get thought it. Going for a walk can help too.

I hope you feel calmer soon and feel free to make more posts on the Mix if there are any issues we could help with :) 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy."