Home Anything Goes
Ongoing maintenance - the boards are undergoing some ongoing, intermittent maintenance. Pages might load slightly slower than usual and there may be very short periods where the boards are offline.

Just a little anecdote of my online endeavours

AidanAidan Clever idiotPosts: 2,651 Boards Champion
edited June 2018 in Anything Goes
Hey everyone!

I was curious about the transphobia apparently rife on mumsnet, so made an account posing as a trans woman to see what replies I'd get. I was going to share the replies (with the people replying, anonymous) here to see what you guys would think.

Unfortunately this isn't going to happen :joy: my thread got the attention of a mod, who banned my account for 'being a previously banned user'. I have never been banned off of mumsnet however. I would understand if I had been banned for breaking a rule, but they haven't quoted any apart from apparently 'being a previously banned user' :joy: I haven't used mumsnet before, I mean... I'm not a mum :joy:

It turned out to be an entertaining experience anyway, and it opened my eyes to the hate trans people face
"Do, or do not, there is no try" <(•.•)>              

Comments

• LaineLaine Llama Mama Gone for GooPosts: 2,414 Boards Champion
    One of my brother in laws brothers wife(i know a mouthful)  
    Took to mumsnet for support over her child wanting to transition I'm return she got hate, called a bad mother,  told she was pointless and doing wrong by her son allowing him to continue. 

I did not see her before but can imagine the hell she went through,  she's so happy now living as a female and it's all down to her mother,  who didn't get a lick of support from mumsnet,  only told to stay away from gender positive counsellors and if she absolutely had to to take "him" to a gender critical one. 

Mumsnet is hateful,  the feminism section is bitter and twisted and it's really not a good place for mothers x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille

"Here's to the ones that we got
    Cheers to the wish you were here, but you're not" ~ Maroon 5
  • AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 2,651 Boards Champion
    I must add that feminism is okay, in fact required in our society that still favours men over women in most areas.

But radicalism ruins everything. It is radical feminists (who of course, still call themselves just 'feminists') who want women's right to trump men's (and who also attack trans women for the fact they were born with a penis, and attack trans men for 'abandoning the feminist cause' by becoming a man) that give feminism a bad name. Feminism has achieved so much in the last hundred or so years, it's a shame to see it go downhill through radicals piggy-backing off of its success.
    "Do, or do not, there is no try" <(•.•)>