Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Job date mistake in an application

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I spnt ages on an application, submitted it then realised I made a mistake with date of when I started my current job. I started at the start of the year but said i started in 2015. Reason this happened is because I previously applied to this organisation before I had my current job and it had my job history so I moved the past jobs down but forgot to change the start date of my current job when I entered that in. I've emailed HR and the hiring manager to tell them it's a mistake and asked if I can amend it but is this likely to count against me? Especially if they think I lied to make it look like i have more experience than I actually have.

Comments

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Hey Ybe7,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened about your job application, but you're not alone small mistakes like these can happen to anyone and that's okay. You mentioned that you emailed HR and the hiring manager to let them know which sounds like a good thing to do. If anything, it shows that you're honest which can be something people look for when hiring someone.

Best of luck with your job application, I hope you get the job :yippe:

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    I wouldn't worry about this as long as you are open about the mistake.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey there @Skive I noticed you replying to both this thread and another in Work & Volunteering and it's great to see your trying to help but both threads are about a year old at this point. I'm gonna go ahead and close them both as I don't think their problems are still applicable and just be sure to keep an eye on the original post date in the future! :)

- Riley
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
This discussion has been closed.