Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hi, my name is ellie

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
i haven't had the best life
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Welcome to the boards Ellie, it's lovely to have you here :) 

When you're ready feel free to make a thread to talk about how you're feeling. We're all here to listen and support you <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Welcome Ellie,hope you find support here
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    edited June 2018
    Hey @ellie2000

I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you. It sounds like you've been going through a really difficult time and have been for a while. You've taken a really positive step to reach out here about everything that's going on. You've shown such strength :)

I know you mentioned that you have thoughts about what you could have done to stop this from happening. I just wanted to say that what happened to you isn't your fault at all. It's not okay for someone to do this, no one deserves this to happen to them. It sounds like this person is still in your life at the moment which can make things feel even more difficult. Have you told anyone else about what happened to you?

I just want to reassure you that things can and will get better. Everyone here is so lovely and supportive, and there's also lots of other organisations out there who can help you through this too.

Please don't be afraid to reach out for support because you're not alone in what you're going through. You've taken a great step here today to let us know what happened. <3

Stay strong Ellie :) 

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    I told my sister who's in Canada atm and she said she wanna rip their bits off
    Crazy mad insane
    I distract myself by playing keyboard and bio shock and saints row help very much 
    Crazy mad insane
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hi Ellie, welcome to the boards. :)

People here are highly supportive and will help you, just as they have been so supportive to me when I was going through the shredder.

The one thing I have learnt during my recent serious illness is to pace myself, and be patient and that means taking the day and living it. Torrow will be your next challenge. I keep a journal now. I write the hours of each day, and in doing this I can see a pattern of self-care.

Things can and will improve, but they don't happen overnight. This is because during our down times we can self-care even if that means playing your keyboards. Music is soothing, and can also be creative. Perhaps you could compose a song and write your lyrics into it. This in itself can be seen as self-care.

Take a day at a time, like I am doing. For today, the strength our Lord provides is sufficient, but you must ask of Him.

Best wishes,

Mandy
    What sort of stuff do u put in a journal 
    Crazy mad insane
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    ellie2000 said:
    What sort of stuff do u put in a journal 
    Me? All sorts.
    0 to 10 how I feel (10 being the happiest)
    The weather (blue skies, stormy, cloudy)
    I might write about my little family, or Sophie who I look after.
    A prayer for friends
    A prayer for myself
    I'll even write in a recipe for the day
    And,
    Then I'll decorate the journal's page with a dried pressed flower or two.

I bought a bag of organic mixed dried pressed flowers. They are made by Cutogain (or Majome ) and you'll find then on a.mazon. These are pressed flowers for floral decors and home arts.The colours are so beautiful. :)