Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Action Calendar - Joyful June

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
edited June 2018 in General Chat
 Saw this and thought it was cute enough to share and something Im gunna try anyway

“Enjoy the little things in life, for one day youll look back and realise they were big things” Robert Brault

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    So today is Monday 4 th. “Reframe a worry and try to find a postive way to respond”

I mean i have sooo many worries mostly about my future stuff. But one thing i worry about the most, constantly,  is what people think about me. When like i cant change what people think of me & some people are gunna form their judgements either way and cant change that but can change how it makes me feel and react about them. Cause am just my own person and think self acceptance is important. But then we all need to feel important and accepted by others. But like then just think about compliments and the stuff we do okay in.

Like i worry people judge me if i Stutter or say one thing wrong and i mean if someones gunna critise every small thing then it says a lot more about them than me🙃

Feel free to share you worry and the postive way to respond.🙃🙃🙃
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey @Shaunie that's very positive! I do like that calendar. Specially today's as it's my birthday and the thought for the day reads "Reframe a worry and try to find a positive way to respond."

I'm working on it. =)

Happy Birthdayyy!!🎂🎉🍾 @Floxy
    Shaunie said:
    Thanks @Shaunie I had a super birthday party and many lovely presents! =)
    Floxy said:
    Shaunie said:
    Thanks @Shaunie I had a super birthday party and many lovely presents! =)
    Aw thats lovely! Im glad 
    “Do somehing today which will make you feel better”
    um im not sure. I was gunna go for a wak to get fresh air but im too tired😭
    edited June 2018
    Odds on anyone answering this?;)🙃
    what brings you joy?

What brings me joy is knowing my little band of friends and family being happy and living in harmony. =)
    Well i had to skip yesterday. Cause - got no friends🙃

anyway today is finding joy in music! Anybody play an instrument? Or faviourate songs?

This song is my all time faviourate. Its got no lyrics but is great & relaxing. i dunno how anyone can dislike it. Probably a song everyone heard of but cant remeber the name 
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ1pHmWhIuY

-“Get out into a green place and feel the joy nature brings”
    I eplored my garden with this lil one. Looked at all the green stuff and stuff. Actually made me feel a lot better. :smile:  🐶 🍃🌳

Oh what a heart-stoppingly cute little dog! =)
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Such a cute dog @Shaunie! He's so fluffy and cute. 

"Get out into green space and feel the joy that nature offers"

Yesterday I spent the afternoon in the park and had a picnic. It was really nice to be outside and make the most of the sunny weather :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    14th. Bring to mind three things you're grateful for and write them down.

Ines' love and friendship
    Owning our home
    Being 'Mum' to our adorable children

I’m grateful of my bed, music and this site 
    ”go outside and find joy in doing something active”

Not that active but I did walk to work and walked back. I mean takes about 40-50 minutes each way so guess its active. Quite enjoy it too as not cold :)

Ah shit, forgot about this. But June doesnt feel like its being very Joyful. The weather aint too shabby though. Atm 🙃☀️
    This month of June became a turning point for me in so many positive ways. I have been narrowing down my day-to-day activities to centre in on the most important. And only 2% of it is online.

28th June, today.
    'Notice how positive emotions are contagious between people'.

We can soak up positive emotions like joy, excitement, contentment and inner peace when sitting in the company of a compassionate person whose ministry reaches out to those in need.

These last few days I've been visited by a Church of England lady chaplain who was resident in the hospital where I was seriously ill. I won't say much except my life from two ago changed for the better, and I have never experienced such peace, inner joy and happiness.  :)