Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited February 20 in Health & Wellbeing
Hi guys, here is my revised version of this thread! The other one was a quick lazy post to put a thread here.

This thread is for posting things which may not belong or be appropriate for the ranty thread in Anything Goes. This means that some of the posts in here have the potential to be triggering for some users and you should be aware that some of the content may be uncomfortable reading for some of you.

A few quick notes:
  • This isn't a replacement for making your own threads. Please don't feel like you can't do that :). This is more for (quoting the lovely Arctic Roll) "the times where people don't want advice, they just want somebody to know". If you are very worried, please please please make a thread of your own, where people would be more likely to give you personal advice etc.
  • No post is too insignificant, no post is too large. Don't feel uncomfortable posting here because you aren't sure if it belongs. If you need a hug, you can post in the thread. For whatever reason. The reason it is in health is because it was felt that people needed a place to vent or post potentially triggering content somewhere where others weren't going to feel uncomfortable reading it.
  • If you find the thread helpful, please let us know. It's always nice to feel appreciated :)
  • No photos, please. Users who post images of their self-injury or similar will have their posts reported.
  • Thank you for reading. I hope this thread can be helpful for some of you. :heart:

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :) 111 votes

Yes
80% 89 votes
No
4% 5 votes
I really don't mind either way
15% 17 votes
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    edited May 2018
    is it just me or is this thread broken? cant seem to see any of the replys.... (or do we have to start it again?)  :s 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    is it just me or is this thread broken? cant seem to see any of the replys.... (or do we have to start it again?)  :s 
    This is something that @Mike would clarify, but don't worry as it's probs for a good reason. :)
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Hey both - @BubblesGoesBoo & @Floxy

This is actually something @Aife and I noticed this morning, too! We're not sure what's happened - it certainly wasn't planned. We're talking to our tech team about it and will let everyone know when we have more info. There's a chance it may have gotten lost somewhere when we migrated.

For now, feel free to keep using this thread. :smile:

All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    So my dad has to go back to the hospital in Birmingham  :'(  he has an infection and theyre worried it could turn into sepsis.
    They'll look after your dad all right. The hospital staff will put him on strong intravenous antibiotics and those antibiotics are very effective. We'll be thinking of you tonight @BubblesGoesBoo

@Shaunie What's up?  <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Saw my doctor today for another blood sugar test. I have one every month to check sugars because she thinks I could be diabetic type 1. Despite not eating sugary foods and being careful with my eating, I don't feel wonderful. Sugar content, salt intake and fats all have to be checked on cartons or jars as I don't want my mmols racing. Been so tired lately and the lady who was going to work for me didn't turn up. Not helping either is the heat even though it's cloudy today. I feel pretty down, so hugs would be most welcome.
    Oh- too late to add a link.

Continuing from my want of hugs, this could be a useful link for infomation on teen diabetes. https://www.diabetes.org.uk/guide-to-diabetes/teens 

I'm anxiously awaiting results from my latest blood test. :/

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    @Shaunie What's up?  <3
    Just suicidal & stressed about an appiontment and ive had bad back pain for ages so feel like i may be dying. Thank you for asking!. Hope youre okay!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
    @Shaunie What's up?  <3
    Just suicidal & stressed about an appiontment and ive had bad back pain for ages so feel like i may be dying. Thank you for asking!. Hope youre okay!
    i hope things start looking up soon, and good luck with your appointment! :) im not doing so great but getting there, thanks  <3
    been sent home from work sick  :'(
    been sent home from work sick  :'(
    It's probably for the best so rest up! HUGS
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Dreadful thunderstorms all night and continuing into today. Sounds like a war zone! Menorca is badly affected right now.

So glad I put up lightning conductors. And I'm so grateful that aunty and her partner came last night to stay and help us out.
    Have therapy today and i'm dreading it, hugs much appreciated! 
    Hugs lovingly given. Take things slowly, chill later. x
    Cant sleep. Too many suicide thoughts. Im so saddd & alone. I wanna die😭😭😭
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Everyone seems to be at uni my age and im just thinking about dying all the time. Have no future😭😭😭😭😭 and wasting my life and youth while everyones out. And quite jelous.  but everytime leae my house just feel like dying there and then

Im such a fuck up someone shot me pleaseeee.?????? This life is shit.😭😭😭😭
    edited June 2018
    Know your job is shit when you keep making a mental list of horrible things you would rather be doing. Like id rather have food poinsioning instead then go to work. How much i hate it.  But my bus is here soon😭😭
    Lol no one cares. Wannnaa diee
    Im seeking attention. 
    I feel ignored
    edited June 2018
    If i was sowmone else i wouldntwanna hug me either. Aint my biggest fan either
    Spam block lol
    Now im gunna end uo forcing someone to give me attention. Oh dear. Im so fucked up. I hate myself. Im so embarrasssing. Something so wrong in my head
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Sending you hugs @Shaunie <3 We're here if you want to talk about anything :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Sorry:/:(
    Going to skegness soon. Think id rather die. Dont wanna leave my bed & Inevitable Im going to get travel sickness😭
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.