Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Im new here

AshleenAshleen Posts: 108 The Mix Convert
Heya I'm Ashleen but most people call me Ash for short and I'm 17.. I've been dealing with depression for a few years now and my parents think its a phase I'll grow out of I have no friends at school I feel 100% lonely.. I self harm here and there im trying to stop but i m just really alone.. So yeah that me

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Heey Ash! Welcome to the boards :) Hope you find the support you are looking for  <3 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hello @Ashleen Welcome to our site. There is tremendous support here, but most of this support can be found in our various chats during the week and this evening. These are either support chats, general chats for lighthearted stuff, but importantly we have Support Circle on Sunday evenings and Tuesday evenings. Support Circle allows us to have a slot all of our own where others can give great advice and support. Lists can be found here.

Announcements are usually made on the day as to who will be moderating. It only takes a minute to make a chat account. When chats open on the evening you make one here.

You must talk to your doctor first about this depression and sh. I feel it's very important, and your doctor will be able to help you with this like he did for me. Tomorrow then, early, phone your doctor's surgery. As I remember since moving to Mallorca, doctros surgeries will be busy, but you'll be put in in a call queue so hang in there. Tell the receptionist it's urgent. When the word "urgent" is said, they will get you in as soon as possible though it is normal for them to ask you to give an indication of what is wrong.

I used to have depression, and self-injure. Most of the depression has gone now though I get occasional bouts of anxiety, but that a lot of that eases off when I eat breakfast. The triumph though, is I haven't si'd since earlier this year. I won't lie to you, it was difficult to overcome. But not impossible. I got well again, and I want you to trust me on this - you can, given time and patience get over this yourself.

Best wishes and hope to meet you in chat soon :)

Mandy
  • AshleenAshleen Posts: 108 The Mix Convert
    Thank you for the support I've talked to my doctor that's why I'm here and as for eating breakfast I don't do much eating anymore.. 
    Ashleen said:
    Thank you for the support I've talked to my doctor that's why I'm here and as for eating breakfast I don't do much eating anymore.. 
    Was your doctor unhelpful, then? What options did they suggest that would help you over this depression? Or did your doctor prescribe you a medicine that hasn't worked? Whatever, you can always get a second opinion. You're entitled to one.

I had an ed, too. Until someone helped me out of it. But nowadays I have to eat breakfast because of having diabetes.

There may still be time for you to apply to join tonight's Support Circle. If tonight is filled up, then this Tuesday evening should still have places.

I've received a lot of help. You will, too.

I was given medication but it hasn't been helping I'm supposed to go to support groups and stuff like th but its just I don't know if I can. I'm really ashamed of what I've done and I hate myself for it 
    edited June 2018
    We all go through self-hate because it's a normal reaction, and I have been through an emotional shredder though my ordeal took a long time. Now I'm all the stronger.

There comes a time when we have to step out and allow support from others even if we doubt ourselves. How can we possibly move forward? This is why I remained an active member of @The Mix because I knew the support of this charity's online community is outstanding. Give yourself a dog's chance. It's all I ask  :)
    I hope your right! I'm glad someone understand. Not having anybody to talk to and its hard I don't really understand how I become so sad and well depressed I used to be so happy I just want that back
    Ashleen said:
    I hope your right! I'm glad someone understand. Not having anybody to talk to and its hard I don't really understand how I become so sad and well depressed I used to be so happy I just want that back
    Hiya! :)

The staff, particularly the support staff that mod our support chats are experienced and very lovely. I wouldn't recommend them otherwise.

Many here understand what you're going through. You're not the only one. I'm making good friends here. I'm sure you will, too. :)
    I hope your right about that!
    Ugh! What should I do?!? I told the girl I like that I like her and now she's mad at me! I am freaking out and don't know what to do! I don't wanna lose her, she's been so nice to me, so supportive. Was this my fault? Should I have kept my feelings on the inside?
    Ashleen said:
    Ugh! What should I do?!? I told the girl I like that I like her and now she's mad at me! I am freaking out and don't know what to do! I don't wanna lose her, she's been so nice to me, so supportive. Was this my fault? Should I have kept my feelings on the inside?
    Hi Ashleen,

I'd have thought the girl would have been flattered by your saying you liked her, but why she should get mad angry is her problem. I doubt any of it was your fault. You're not a mind reader, eh? =)

I suppose you could try and make amends and talk to her. Just say that you happen to like women, but apologise for upsetting her, that you never intended her to get upset. If she can't deal with your honesty, then let her get on with it!
    I thought she would have to but I was wrong, I have a band party today and I think she's gonna be there and that's gonna make it hard, I don't think I can see her yet not without crying I might not go to this party  
    Ashleen said:
    I thought she would have to but I was wrong, I have a band party today and I think she's gonna be there and that's gonna make it hard, I don't think I can see her yet not without crying I might not go to this party  
    I'll reply to this and the other in a pm shortly, Ash. :)