Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I have a drink problem

MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
For some time now, due to the pressures of leading my band and endless touring, late nights and long performancies have taken a toll, and onstage I took to drinking quite prodigious amounts of wine. My drinking has been the cause of breaking up my relationship -no names here- and there is no way we will be reconciling because there are reasons.

I'm on a break from touring Europe, and this week will be checking into a rehab in London because I'm a wreck. Please would you be kind enough to remember me, and my ex, during this difficult time.

Belle

Comments

• AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hi Belle!x

Sorry to hear that things aren't going so well at the moment. I hope that you're able to recover while in rehab. Wishing the best for both of you through this x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • nish215nish215 Posts: 64 Boards Initiate
    Hey Mirabelle,

Sorry to hear about your drinking problem but it is great that you've decided to get some help by checking into rehab, it's really brave of you to reach out and a great step in the right direction! 

Make sure to keep us updated on how things go :)

-Nish
  • MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    edited May 2018
    nish215 said:
    Hey Mirabelle,

Sorry to hear about your drinking problem but it is great that you've decided to get some help by checking into rehab, it's really brave of you to reach out and a great step in the right direction! 

Make sure to keep us updated on how things go :)

-Nish
    It's substance abuse, too. Before my mother died, she warned me to be careful that my frenetic music career could impact on my life like it affected the late David Cassidy when he was young. I should have heeded her warning. :anguished:

My recent success with my band in America recently, the pressure of big gigs, screaming fans, wild parties and no having any private life whatsoever has made me a wreck. I may have made millions, but at a price. I wrecked a loving relationship to cause it to become irreconcilable and hurt her so deeply, and her adorable youngster no longer trusts me.

So, yeah. I've booked myself into a London clinic. I may be gone a while. Thank you for your kind words, @nish215

• Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @Mirabelle, although it's hard, accepting you have a problem is the first step. Well done for seeking help - we're all rooting for you here  <3
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • RayofhopeRayofhope Posts: 152 Helping Hand

Hi Belle,

Sorry to here that recently that it sounds that things have been really hard recently and that things have been really busy. Well done for accepting that you need help and finding the place to get help, this can be really hard to do. We are here for you at all times.

Rayofhope

Life doesn’t require we be the best, only that we try our best