Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Vanilla Survey Results

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited June 2018 in General Chat
Hey everyone!

It's been a few months since we announced our exciting move to the new boards software Vanilla. If you haven't already seen this thread about our news, make sure to have a read!

One of the exciting things about Vanilla is that there's some cool new features like post reactions, spam zapping, peer moderation and badges. Back in February, we asked you to complete a survey so we could hear what you thought about 4 potential features and also 3 possible changes that Vanilla can offer.

We also sent this survey out to our boards volunteers. We asked them about 1 more potential feature as we're interested in mods being able to record private notes that can be attached to profiles. This feature is called the mods warning tool which allows mods to communicate with each other and keep up to date on any information they might need to be aware of. We wanted to share these results with you too and you can read all about that in the report. :)

At the end of this thread you'll see a report that summarises all of the responses we got from both members and boards volunteers. We decided to merge both responses from members and volunteers because there was a very high level of agreement between the two groups. We've made sure to mention any significant differences between the two groups and there's also a summary of how your responses will influence any decisions made about the boards.

We hope you enjoy reading through this report, if you have any questions about anything, let us know in our Vanilla FAQ thread or send us a PM. :)

Aife & Mike
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Just bumping this for those who haven't yet seen it. :)

Mike
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    I'm surprised no-one has commented on it yet. I think it's so, so exciting - can't wait to migrate!!! (and the survey results are brilliant!). :thumb:
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Heya

Sorry. Tbh i havent been bothered to properly read these threads until now. Im Guessing its too late to give feedback?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    It shouldn't be too late @Shaunie Give some feedback here if you feel like it. There is still time I should think.
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Heya

Sorry. Tbh i havent been bothered to properly read these threads until now. Im Guessing its too late to give feedback?
    Floxy wrote: »
    It shouldn't be too late @Shaunie Give some feedback here if you feel like it. There is still time I should think.
    Hey both of you,

The survey is still open, but we're very close to launch now which means we've already made decisions based on the feedback we initially got from everyone back in February. So we'll never say no to more feedback - we're always keen to hear what you guys think - but keep in mind that it won't influence any decisions in the short term. There's a good chance we'll refer back to it later down the line, though. :)

Hope that helps,
    Mike

Thanks @Mike :)
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Oh thats okay thanks, ill still fill out the survey

But i found the survey- i think on the different thread but on my phone that layout is only so i can see the left hand side of it and doesnt let me see it all. Would you be able to send the link too? Sorry. Thanks
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Oh thats okay thanks, ill still fill out the survey

But i found the survey- i think on the different thread but on my phone that layout is only so i can see the left hand side of it and doesnt let me see it all. Would you be able to send the link too? Sorry. Thanks

Sure thing - here's the direct link. :)

Mike

It would be beyond awesome for @The Mix to have an app. With a specially built app you could reach out to the entire young population of the UK alone. Imagine everyone having a phone app that links directly to the new Vanilla-run forum that is planned. Anyone, anywhere, could log into the app and on to your forum. If they need help, your app could be a wonderful reach-out.

You could run your own podcasts, highlighting your charity's furture engagements which app users could download for free. You could increase your vanilla forum's membership three-fold as the new Vanilla form looks so inviting. In other words, having your own app would put both forum and your charity way ahead of all the competition. From what I have seen, no other registered charity has any app.

How much does it cost to make an app?

Respond to these simple questions based out of 10 and you'll see, @Aife[/USER] and [USER="95844"]Mike https://www.howmuchcostanapp.co.uk/

Based on a few variables I entered in, I reckon your forum's app could cost between £10,000 to £20,700

Best wishes,

Mandy :wave:
    Thanks for the suggestion, @Floxy. You're certainly not the first to make this one. :)

Developing an app isn't something we can do right now, but we could look into it in the future. It would really depend on what could be gained from us having an app - what would be different, whether it would make things easier, etc. Right now, our feeling is that there wouldn't be too much to be gained with an app because all our services are currently mobile-friendly anyway.

That said, it's not something we can rule out - there's probably some potential for it, depending on what direction The Mix decides to go.

It's always good to hear what you folks are thinking about. :chin:

Mike

Thanks Mike

I was thinking how useful the app could be if engineered for our chats. Presntly using our phones is nothing but a pain. An app could allow us to use chat wherever we are, not just at home on our laptops.

It's worth waiting for.