Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pets

RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
Hey there everyone!

I'm a big fan of animals and in my time on the boards here I've seen a lot of people talking about their various pets and how much of a comfort it is to have them so I thought it might be nice for people to share their favourite photos or stories of their pets. If you don't want to share or if you don't have any pets then don't worry I'm sure you can still appreciate all the fluff and cuteness on display! To get things started here's my favourite photo of my dog Dexter tucked in and ready for bed. :d

Attachment not found.

- Riley
FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Aw Dexter is so cute!

This is Teddy, have so many photos & can never tell my favourite ah
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Aww @Shaunie[/USER] such a cute little dog he looks adorable! [USER="103744"]Youbecient that cat looks very sweet but I think you're right, it'd definitely be hard to get anything done!

- Riley
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    This is daisy, she's half siamese half tabby, making her a very noisey cat, the sad thing is shes quite ill now and we're not sure how long we have left, so making every day count
    Attachment not found.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I’m on my phone so can’t post a pic (or at least, if I can, I don’t know how to) but we just got a new puppy recently who is sooooooo cute!! His name is Theo, he’s 14 weeks old and he’s freaking massive! Oh, he’s a Lab cross with a retriever!!

Our old dog became such a part of our family (and we’d had her since I was 3) that it was just wrong not having a dog in the house for the last few months.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    @Rhys what a gorgeous cat! Here's hoping you still have plenty more days listening to her noisy meows :thumb:

@independent_ I know what you mean, once you've had a pet dog for a long time your house just feels empty without one. So glad to hear you've got a new puppy though he sounds like a handful!
  • L100L100 Posts: 128 The Mix Convert
    edited May 2018

Here's Pepper my Hamster when he was a little younger :) He's cute.  (he's also the same hamster as my profile picture only diiference he's in his sleeping place in profile picture, ) The box is just his taming/handiling box not his cage.

He's currently 6 months and 3 days 

All pets are cute :D 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Aww, what a sweet little hamster, @L100   =)
    Floxy said:
    Aww, what a sweet little hamster, @L100   =)
    Thanks we were orginally going to get a female hamster since my passed pets (another hamster and 2 guinea pigs had all been male) but his colourring just got me :) as i personally don't think it's a common colour :D  He's never bitten me though :D. He trusts me.  :)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit

My 6 year old Staff, Molly.
    Weekender Offender 
    So great to see more of everyone's pets keep 'em coming!

@Skive what a gorgeous dog, it's a shame that staffies get such a bad rep because they really are lovely. =)

- Riley
    edited August 2018

Percy^ i cant find a picture of my other guinea pig. (Porky) But i hope i dont neglect since getting a dog. Theyre cute but scared lil things! 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    I love seeing animals! This is such a good idea because studys have shown that for some, looking at pictures of cute animals helps boost brain fuction! 
    This is Ango, he is a Ball Python who lives in my room at uni.
    Ash, a Brearded Dragon that belongs to a local collage so i take care of her over the summer.
    And Kiya, my scruffy fuffy dog who lives back home and I miss her so much

"Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    Hey @Kasa2103 Unfortunately I can't seem to see the picture through the link you have posted, how about making a screen shot of the picture and posting that? :) 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Oh. My account is private. I`ll do a screenshot
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    edited August 2018
    Here is Shadow- one of my darling cats. As you can tell, she is very lazy and she loves belly rubs.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    This is a photo of Jiggy (the black and white cute cat) and Shadow on the stairs together. 😘🐈🐈
    Here is a photo of Jiggy when she was by the tinsel at Christmas.
    This is my boyfriend. He isn't my pet but it is an animal that I love as equally as a pet.
    This is Lily- the mother of Jiggy and Shadow. She is a grump but can be loving. 
    Aw these are cute 
    Thanks.
  • SevenSeven Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    These are really cute!
    We have a cat that sort of comes and goes as it pleases; it was a stray that sort of adopted us xD
    I don't have a pic tho :'D
    Aww
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Our new neighbour has a pet Vulpes vulpes(red fox)  I haven't managed to get a photo yet because he's a fast boy but it's a joy to see him running around and making those adorable little noises ❤
    I'm just delighted it's a red and not a fennec, boy can fennecs scream 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    edited August 2018
    I have 4 guinea-pigs, a hamster and some fish.
    My gran has a Hungarian Vizsla too  <3

It won’t let me add pictures, I will try on my phone later :)
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
    It's great to see this thread picking up some steam, keep it coming everybody!

@Kasa2103 all those pets look really great, very cute photos of them all.

@Laine ooh now that's an interesting pet you don't see many of them domesticated. I'm looking forward to seeing a photo if you can grab one. :p

- Riley
    Here is Cinnamon Bun, don't worry my snake is too small to eat rabbit and I'd never let that happen anyway. I got Cinnamon for £1 from someone who just wanted to get rid of him :( but now he is happy here and has loads of space to play :) 
    These are not actually my pets but I love them just as much as my own pets. They are my friends pets but I see them most weekends and school holidays. The top photo is Max. The middle photo is Oliver. The bottom photo is Skye  (a boy- sounds strange.) Max and Oliver are both Labradoodles (labradors and poodles.) Oliver thinks that Skye is a moving, squeaking, pooping chewstick but he is not. He does poop  a lot though and once pooped on my jumper, in the shower, in a washing up bowl being used to wash him and on a towel. He is so cute, loves me, sits and falls asleep on my boob, hides in my hair and loves hugs and to sit on my chest whilst watching films. 
    I used to have 2 guinea pigs and hamsters which passed away a few years ago and last middle of year  unfortuantly can’t have pets at the moment because of landlords. 
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    The first pic is my hamster Oreo! The second and fourth pics are of my neighbours kitty socks who I often cuddle! The third is my old support workers dog Lola who we use to walk together.. the fifth pic is of my previous hamster Oscar (rip lil buddy) and finally the black doggo is my dads dog reggie 
    The sun will rise and we will try again