Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Vanilla Update - Launch date! (24/05/18)

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey everyone :wave:,

Time for a quick update about where we're at with the new boards!

We've been busy tinkering away behind the scenes to get the new software just the way we want. A massive thanks goes to the wonderful team of testers who've helped us iron out a few crinkles and squash some bugs!

We're pretty close now, with just a few last bits to do. In fact, we're so close that we're pleased to say we now have an official launch date!

The new boards will launch on the 24th of May! :hyper:

The plan is to make the move as seamless as possible, so the new boards will look pretty similar to the current boards. While there will be some new features, they'll work in a similar way too. We'll also be transferring over all active accounts (those that have logged in this year, unless we've been asked otherwise) as well as posts and private messages. One thing we can't bring with us is profile signatures - if you want to keep your signature, we'd recommend copying and pasting it somewhere safe and adding it to your account again after the move.

As we've mentioned, to give us time to transfer everything over to the new space, the boards will be down for a while before the new software comes online. This means you won't be able to access the boards from the afternoon of the 22nd of May until the new boards go live on the 24th (probably late afternoon). We'll provide links to alternative places to get support during that time.

So, that's it for now. Watch this space for further updates! And if you have any questions in the meantime, take a look at our FAQ thread or let us know below :)

- Aife & Mike
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    This is tremendous news! The 24th May is the planned date when we finally go home and I know Belle will be so relieved it wasn't "September". I've just saved our sigs, so thanks also for that.

Will the new Vanilla support chat?

• MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    What a relief it's May instead of someone mentioning 'September' which caused such a shitstorm in me that I almost resigned my membership. Thank you @Aife[/USER] & [USER="95844"]Mike for all your hard work, finally paying off to give us a great new forum with such great new possibilities and features. I am most grateful to you! :thumb:
    Good morning @The Mix :wave:

Belle is asking what version the new Vanilla forum is going to be when it is rolled out?

Thanking you,

Mandy
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey @Floxy

Great questions! In terms of Vanilla supporting chat, it's actually run on a different software but it will still link through from the website how it does now.:)

The version of Vanilla we'll be using is 2.5.

Let me know if you have any other questions at all!

- Aife
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    The Mix wrote: »
    Hey @Floxy

Great questions! In terms of Vanilla supporting chat, it's actually run on a different software but it will still link through from the website how it does now.:)

The version of Vanilla we'll be using is 2.5.

Let me know if you have any other questions at all!

- Aife

I will tell Belle. She is unwell, is in bed and unable to ask you herself.
    I've just looked at this 2.5 version. It looks really good! :hyper:

Thank you for this. :)

-Mandy
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Wooohooo this is fantastic news!!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Long awaited very welcome news. Thank you Aife & Mike, though I am taking a much needed break off the forums for the time being. :)

Belle
  • RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    Really looking forward to this, I know I haven't been around for as long as some of the members, but I feel this is a great step to go towards :hyper:
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch