Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My Privacy settings have vanished

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
They were there. Now they're not. Can't find them anywhere. :blush:

Comments

• AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Floxy wrote: »
    They were there. Now they're not. Can't find them anywhere. :blush:

​Hi @Floxy

If you go to the top where your icon and your username. There should be a little arrow next to it. Click on that then go down to user setting. The third one along at the top of that screen should say privacy. Thats if your on your laptop if not its very similar on
    the phone version of the boards.

Welcome to the boards and the mix btw.

Speak soon

Abi
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Abigail wrote: »

​Hi @Floxy

If you go to the top where your icon and your username. There should be a little arrow next to it. Click on that then go down to user setting. The third one along at the top of that screen should say privacy. Thats if your on your laptop if not its very similar on
    the phone version of the boards.

Welcome to the boards and the mix btw.

Speak soon

Abi

Hey Abi,

I followed your instructions exatly, but all I saw was Profile, then Account then Notifications. I double checked, still nothng but nevermind, I feel tired so will have another look tomorrow.

Thanks for your welcome, too! :wave:

Hey Abi,

I followed your instructions exatly, but all I saw was Profile, then Account then Notifications. I double checked, still nothng but nevermind, I feel tired so will have another look tomorrow.

Thanks for your welcome, too! :wave:

Hey @Floxy

Thats strange.. May i ask what devise are you using? (Phone, tablet, Laptop, ect) As well Could you screenshot it and attach it to the your next post? I might be able to help but i won't lie i am not very good with technology.

We shouldn't be using these boards for much longer (latest September). We have a new brand new boards coming to celebrate the mix's 18th anniversary.

Hope you find everything your looking for here with us. Keep asking for support if you need it we are all here to support one another.

Speak soon

Abi
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.

Hey @Floxy

Thats strange.. May i ask what devise are you using? (Phone, tablet, Laptop, ect) As well Could you screenshot it and attach it to the your next post? I might be able to help but i won't lie i am not very good with technology.

We shouldn't be using these boards for much longer (latest September). We have a new brand new boards coming to celebrate the mix's 18th anniversary.

Hope you find everything your looking for here with us. Keep asking for support if you need it we are all here to support one another.

Speak soon

Abi

Heya!

I'm using my laptop thanks and here is the screenshot for you to see.

Attachment not found.

September you say for the vanilla? My lovely girl grumbled about it being end May. 18th anniversary you say? Wow that's something!

In case you were wanting to know who I am - I'm Mandy and Belle, she's my beautiful girl. She not at all well, n thats why she isn't around much.

So thank you Abi and I hope to speak soon to you. Thank you lots for your help, too! :wave:

Heya!

I'm using my laptop thanks and here is the screenshot for you to see.

Attachment not found.

September you say for the vanilla? My lovely girl grumbled about it being end May. 18th anniversary you say? Wow that's something!

In case you were wanting to know who I am - I'm Mandy and Belle, she's my beautiful girl. She not at all well, n thats why she isn't around much.

So thank you Abi and I hope to speak soon to you. Thank you lots for your help, too! :wave:

Hi there

I am afraid to say your screenshot never load through I will double check this in the tomorrow on my laptop. It might be fault in the system. Like I said we are moving to vanilla soon the latest it will be is September. Mike and Aife said may but due to the weather at the start of the years and technical issues the month it gets released is often pushed back.

could you 'e take the screen shot and make sure that it has been saved into your files on your computer then use the attach key on the right hand side of the screen before text edit and emoji find the file through there then upload it again. I know it' a bit more hard work but it will make it a lot easier for myself to open.

If I am in able to help I will tag the mix staff to my final message as Aife or Mike will get back to you when they are back in work, latest it will be is Monday someone will get back to you.

Have a good night

Abi
    Hi Abi,

I know the screenshot worked because it did show up, and it's defo saves into my computer files, but for assurance to you, here it is again. See if it works?

Attachment not found.

It's not hard work for me, thanks. Real hard work is maintaining the server that Belle built haha!

Can you see it now?

Thanks for the info on the vanilla forum. I told Belle and isn't best pleased about the later rollback, but she'll have to like it and lump it. :razz:

Thanks for all your help. Have a super weekend.

-Mandy
    Hi There,

I had to log out of my account to see it. There is nothing i can do as its a fault in the system. The only thing i can suggest is try using a different type of web browser so use maybe Chrome. safari (if your an apple product user), Microsoft edge or Firefox maybe if your worried about your privacy settings till either mike and Aife get back into work.

@Aife[/USER] [USER="95844"]Mike Would you mind helping? Aife good luck try not to break anything.
    Hi There,

I had to log out of my account to see it. There is nothing i can do as its a fault in the system. The only thing i can suggest is try using a different type of web browser so use maybe Chrome. safari (if your an apple product user), Microsoft edge or Firefox maybe if your worried about your privacy settings till either mike and Aife get back into work.

@Aife[/USER] [USER="95844"]Mike Would you mind helping? Aife good luck try not to break anything.

Thank you lots for your help, Abi. I've just tried Chrome, but the settings remain the same.

After joining I did get to set the privacy settings, but not sure if I'd made them all "Members". So after I clicked "Save changes", the privacy section completely vanished from view! So thank you for making links back to Mike and Aife.

Belle's remarks on this old forum software is not repeatable.
    No worries at all. Would you be able to try it on the phone just to see if it happens on there. I know its not ideal but it might be able to rule out if its an issue with just your device or if its an issue with your account. Also, log out of your account and log back in sometimes the boards need a break.
    Hey :)

I logged out and back in again. No improvement. Then I tried with my phone - ner ner - no go. I wouldn't waste my time using a phone for the bugs on the forum, but thank you. :)

• TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey @Floxy that's so strange your privacy settings have vanished! I've just checked my account and they seem to be working for me. Is it working for you today?

I've just cleared the cache on the boards, sometimes that tends to fix things. Are you able to try clearing the cache on your web browser too?

Thanks so much for your help @Abigail really appreciate it :)

- Aife
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    The Mix wrote: »
    Hey @Floxy that's so strange your privacy settings have vanished! I've just checked my account and they seem to be working for me. Is it working for you today?

I've just cleared the cache on the boards, sometimes that tends to fix things. Are you able to try clearing the cache on your web browser too?

Thanks so much for your help @Abigail really appreciate it :)

- Aife

Hey @Aife I've just checked to see, but it's not changed.
    I cleared my cache, too.

Strange, but when the privacy settings vanished, my Dell Inspiron went haywire and got 'Blue Screen Of Death', so I borrowed Belle's Asus to do those screenshots. My account's settings have remained the same. It's odd, but then I'm not computer savvy. :blush:

Edit: @Aife can you update your forum's software? Maybe there is a patch or plugin?
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey @Floxy

Unfortunately there's not an update we can do for our boards software at the moment. Would you be able to send us a PM to let us know which settings you'd like to change? We can then try and do this from our end for you :)

All the best,

- Aife
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Hey @Floxy

Unfortunately there's not an update we can do for our boards software at the moment. Would you be able to send us a PM to let us know which settings you'd like to change? We can then try and do this from our end for you :)

All the best,

- Aife

Hi @The Mix

I can confirm it's the forum's antiquated software that has messed with Mandy's Privacy vanishing on her account. Though she is using my laptop since her's blue screened, I took a screencap of my account settings that reveal Privacy is up and showing as the attachment below shows.

Attachment not found.

I'll tell Mandy now. It must be because she's a new account holder.

Many thanks for your help! :)

Belle
    Hey @Floxy

All the best,

- Aife

Thanks Aife, I'll pm you soon.