Home Gender & Sexuality
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Okay im scared..

Im scared, call me R, Im female.. im 14 soon 15 and I dont..feel female, I dont feel male either im in the between im in the grey area and I haven't told anyone and I cant tell my dad he said I was to young to understand what I want when I came out as pansexual..I dont know anymore what I am Icant talk to my mom im not allowed to..I feel so alone even though Im surrounded by people..Is there something wrong with me...?

Comments

• AngelIsMe21AngelIsMe21 Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    Hello R,

It's nice to meet you and have you on the forums with us, welcome.

Firstly, well done for sharing that with us as I can tell and understand that was a difficult thing for you to do but, you took that step. And no, there is nothing wrong with you, nothing at all. You are at/around the age where we go through specific phases and confusions in life, it is more normal than you may think.

You say that you can't talk to your dad because of what he'd previously said to you. Well, how old were you when he'd said that as perhaps you were too young an age right at that time? Why do you feel you're not allowed to talk to your mum?

When we're going through something difficult, which feels confusing too, we are more likely to feel alone despite being surrounded by people. This feeling is quite natural, and I can really relate to it myself as well.

1) Perhaps you could write your dad a letter? Explaining how you feel, and what you are going through.

2) It would help for you to create a thread in the "Gender and Sexuality" board/forum as that is a designated space for specific help and support on your confusing difficulty, as described here. More people will respond and offer you their help there.

Again, well done,thank you for sharing and welcome.
  • ImCoNfUsEdImCoNfUsEd Posts: 2 Newbie
    Ive tried talking to him..I have friends who have come out as trans and non binary and there helping me out..im so glad that there here for me
  • MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Hello @ImCoNfUsEd - welcome to our boards. What Angel said was lovely, and also you have a lovely avatar. :)

I hope you will enjoy your time with us, and get the support you need.

Wishing you all the best :wave:

~ Belle
    ImCoNfUsEd wrote: »
    Ive tried talking to him..I have friends who have come out as trans and non binary and there helping me out..im so glad that there here for me

Well done for trying to talk to him. How had it gone when you'd tried?

It's great that you have friends who are supporting you, we are here for you too x
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    ImCoNfUsEd wrote: »
    Im scared, call me R, Im female.. im 14 soon 15 and I dont..feel female, I dont feel male either im in the between im in the grey area and I haven't told anyone and I cant tell my dad he said I was to young to understand what I want when I came out as pansexual..I dont know anymore what I am Icant talk to my mom im not allowed to..I feel so alone even though Im surrounded by people..Is there something wrong with me...?

Hi R,

You've been really brave in coming online and sharing your experience. Dealing with gender and sexuality is tough, and coming out as pansexual must have been a scary concept. As a teenager, experimenting is quite normal, so feel free to explore your gender and sexuality as you like. Not everyone is as accepting, as they may struggle to understand something that may conflict with their more traditional views. Be free to do what you like!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Hello R,

Wanting to check in with you and see how you're getting on?

AngelIsMe21