Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Introduce yourself

Comments

• TheAprilFoolTheAprilFool Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    Hi. My 19th birthday was yesterday so I'm no-longer able to use ChildLine. I'd been using it since I was about 14 or 15 and I hope that I can continue to get that kind of support because I tend to need to talk things through quite a lot.
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi. My 19th birthday was yesterday so I'm no-longer able to use ChildLine. I'd been using it since I was about 14 or 15 and I hope that I can continue to get that kind of support because I tend to need to talk things through quite a lot.

Hi @TheAprilFool

Welcome to the mix! Happy belated birthday sorry you have grown out of the age cataloguer for Childline. Here at the mix the only thing we ask for is you to be respectful and at least be under 25 so you have got a healthy 6 years with us unless you stay for longer. We have some support chats on tonight at 8pm if you would like to come along to them and get some support. As always you are happy to post up on the boards and look around the whole site as well the offer is there if you want it.

If you would like to come to the chats you can access them from this page http://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/group-chat at 8pm. Chats last 90 minutes (finish at 9:30pm).

Hope to see you round more.

Abi
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster

I just saw your post over on CL so thought I’d come say hey to you over here!!

This is a lovely place, glad you’ve found us!!

If you ever need to talk, we’re all here to listen to you and you can always make posts and hopefully someone can help you :)

Welcome!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl

Hi @TheAprilFool

Welcome to our boards. I hope you stay and have a nice time with us.

Wishing you all the best,

~Belle
    Hi. Thanks for making me feel welcome. :) I'm still trying to get to know my way around the site but I think I'm getting the hang of it.
    -Janine
    Abigail wrote: »

Hi @TheAprilFool

Welcome to the mix! Happy belated birthday sorry you have grown out of the age cataloguer for Childline. Here at the mix the only thing we ask for is you to be respectful and at least be under 25 so you have got a healthy 6 years with us unless you stay for longer. We have some support chats on tonight at 8pm if you would like to come along to them and get some support. As always you are happy to post up on the boards and look around the whole site as well the offer is there if you want it.

If you would like to come to the chats you can access them from this page http://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/group-chat at 8pm. Chats last 90 minutes (finish at 9:30pm).

Hope to see you round more.

Abi
    Hi. Unfortunately I missed the chat but I'll try to take part in one at some point. I'm still getting used to the site but I'm sure it'll happen fairly quickly. This seems like a good place to get support after leaving ChildLine. :)

I just saw your post over on CL so thought I’d come say hey to you over here!!

This is a lovely place, glad you’ve found us!!

If you ever need to talk, we’re all here to listen to you and you can always make posts and hopefully someone can help you :)

Welcome!
    Hi. Thanks :) I'm glad that I chose to use the same username for both sites. It seems like a good place to talk.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit

Welcome. & happy belated birthday.. I also used childline before and how I found this site. I find it useful & helpful on here and hope you find it a good alternative support. All the best
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie wrote: »

Welcome. & happy belated birthday.. I also used childline before and how I found this site. I find it useful & helpful on here and hope you find it a good alternative support. All the best
    Hi. Thanks :)
    I just wrote my first proper post and I'm hoping that people will give some input :d
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture

Welcome welcome, @TheAprilFool! I'm Mike, one of the moderators you'll see drifting through from time to time. :) Great to see you already getting stuck in.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Mike wrote: »

Welcome welcome, @TheAprilFool! I'm Mike, one of the moderators you'll see drifting through from time to time. :) Great to see you already getting stuck in.
    Hi. Thanks for making me feel welcome. :) I've been fairly active on the boards so far so I hope that things carry on this way. It'll be nice to feel like part of a supportive community. :heart:
  • Aaron_King17Aaron_King17 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Hi my names Aaron and I just finished watching all 8 seasons of Vampire diaries and after I finished watching all of the 8 seasons I can’t get vampire diaries out of my head and every time I think of it and all the cast it makes me really emotional because I’m missing it sooo much and one actress in vampire diaries called Candice King or known as on vampire diaries as Caroline Forbes I can’t get her out of my head I’m always thinking about her and vampire diaries it hurts because I miss it sooo much and Candice.
    Welcome to the boards, @Aaron_King17

It's sad when you have reached the end of a brilliant series, but you have to move on if only for your emotional wellbeing. Look for a new series of another genre and see how you get on.

All the best,

~Belle
    I’ve tried watching the originals which is the vampire diaries spin off show but I can’t all I keep thinking about is Candice king (Caroline Forbes in vampire diaries) and vampire diaries it self I’m trying to move on but I can’t and when I think of vampire diaries and Candice king (Caroline Forbes) I just get really emotional and sometimes get a teary eye.
    Hi I’m trying to move on but all I think about is Candice king and vampire diaries I’m tempted to restart the series but there’s no point because I’ll get more emotional and the vampire spin of show called the originals I’ve tried watching it and all I think about is Candice king and vampire diaries and it makes me very emotional and sometimes teary eyed.
    Hi I’m trying to move on but all I think about is Candice king and vampire diaries I’m tempted to restart the series but there’s no point because I’ll get more emotional and the vampire spin of show called the originals I’ve tried watching it and all I think about is Candice king and vampire diaries and it makes me very emotional and sometimes teary eyed.

Broaden your entertainment, then. It's the only way can move on. :)
  • lotuslotus Posts: 6 Confirmed not a robot
    Hi, I'm lotus (not my actual name 😂) and I'm 16. I'm here because I don't really have much support. I enjoy art, writing. I also self harm, have depression and anxiety aswell as PTSD and BPD and PTSD related psychosis.
    Please be nice...
    lotus wrote: »
    Hi, I'm lotus (not my actual name 😂) and I'm 16. I'm here because I don't really have much support. I enjoy art, writing. I also self harm, have depression and anxiety aswell as PTSD and BPD and PTSD related psychosis.
    Please be nice...
    Hi @lotus. I'm sure you'll find plenty of support here. The people I've spoken to have all been really nice, and everyone does their best to help each other out :)
    Welcome to our boards, @lotus I hope you enjoy your time with us.

~Belle
  • MAP98MAP98 Posts: 18 Settling in
    Hello, I'm Megan, this is the first time I have properly reached out on my own, I have suffered with depression and anxiety in the last six months and after having an issue in work the same feelings i went through last time have now come back so I am reaching out now before it gets bad, and I know how bad that it gets so would like to speak out about it and express how I feel.
    I am currently in new work which I am enjoying as a Support Worker, but an issue with a member of staff seems to have made me feel like I am going back into my old ways which I cannot let happen, as I feel that it would be some kind of 'shame' on my family, as they don't understand the awareness of mental health. They think that saying 'don't have any bad thoughts today' will miraculously cure me, which of course it doesn't.
    I have three dogs, which I absolutely live for and they manage to get me through every single thing that goes wrong, I'm not saying that they cure my depression or anything but they certainly help me through and being away from them due to issues with my family has kept me from being away from them but they are my comfort blankets and they have stopped me from acting out before now.
    So that is me for now.
    MAP98 wrote: »
    Hello, I'm Megan, this is the first time I have properly reached out on my own, I have suffered with depression and anxiety in the last six months and after having an issue in work the same feelings i went through last time have now come back so I am reaching out now before it gets bad, and I know how bad that it gets so would like to speak out about it and express how I feel.
    I am currently in new work which I am enjoying as a Support Worker, but an issue with a member of staff seems to have made me feel like I am going back into my old ways which I cannot let happen, as I feel that it would be some kind of 'shame' on my family, as they don't understand the awareness of mental health. They think that saying 'don't have any bad thoughts today' will miraculously cure me, which of course it doesn't.
    I have three dogs, which I absolutely live for and they manage to get me through every single thing that goes wrong, I'm not saying that they cure my depression or anything but they certainly help me through and being away from them due to issues with my family has kept me from being away from them but they are my comfort blankets and they have stopped me from acting out before now.
    So that is me for now.
    Hi @MAP98. I hope that things start to improve for you soon. We're always here to support you. :>
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome to the community, @MAP98. :wave: Glad you found us.

I love that you mentioned your dogs - it's amazing how much pets can do for our wellbeing! Feel free to start your own thread over in Health & Wellbeing if you feel like chatting things through in a bit more depth.

See you around!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Welcome Megan to our boards. I have a dog, too. Wolfy is a Pyrenean Mountain Dog crossed with an Afghan hound. He wipes the floor as he goes along. :d

All the best,

~Belle
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Welcome to all newbies :)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • MyainocencioMyainocencio Posts: 3 Newbie
    mgkmdn wrote: »
    Hi I'm mgkmdn. I don't do any kind of social media, so I'm kind of flying blind here. I'm here because I'm in a job I hate, but pay's decent. I've been doing the same thing for 20 years now. I think I'm burned out. My husband wants me to quit, he's worried I'm going to have a stroke because of stress. I'm afraid to quit because we can't live on his check alone. He's offered to work extra so I can quit, but I can't/won't let him do that. He already works 10 hour days and he's wonderful to me...I don't think it's fair he works more. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanx!

Maybe you can try and find a different job that you find interesting just to change it up a little and take the stress off of you. I hope things get better for you
    Hello, I'm Mya and I'm 19, almost 20 next month 👌anyways I'm new to this cool lil site and am still trying to figure it out, but so far I like it. I found this site by looking up something that happened to me a couple days ago on Google and nothing was helping, but I found this so I hope it helps, because I'm lost in this world of mine and what happened a couple days ago to me doesn't help in the slightest just made me worst. I'm here to get advice and for someone to just tell me that things are going to get better and that I'll heal from the things life socked me with. Thank you website for letting me share👌
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Welcome Mya! It's great to have you here :)

It sounds like you're having a tough time right now, but things will get better. You've taken a great step signing up here and reaching out for support. There's some lovely supportive people here so feel free to create a thread about anything you like. We're all here to listen and support you *hug*

See you around!

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Aife wrote: »
    Welcome Mya! It's great to have you here :)

It sounds like you're having a tough time right now, but things will get better. You've taken a great step signing up here and reaching out for support. There's some lovely supportive people here so feel free to create a thread about anything you like. We're all here to listen and support you *hug*

See you around!

- Aife

Thank you! I'm glad I tried this
    Over time, things will improve for you and joining the forum I know will be most helpful. Welcome to the boards, Mya, and happy birthday next month! :)

All the best,

~ Belle
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hello, I'm Mya and I'm 19, almost 20 next month 👌anyways I'm new to this cool lil site and am still trying to figure it out, but so far I like it. I found this site by looking up something that happened to me a couple days ago on Google and nothing was helping, but I found this so I hope it helps, because I'm lost in this world of mine and what happened a couple days ago to me doesn't help in the slightest just made me worst. I'm here to get advice and for someone to just tell me that things are going to get better and that I'll heal from the things life socked me with. Thank you website for letting me share👌

Welcome. I Hope you do find helpful here😊
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley