Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Who was your worst teacher, and why?

MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
edited March 27 in Work & Study
It's said, 'You will always remember a good teacher' - but you will always remember your worst one!

Angered at my loud yawning, my English Literature teacher threw a piece of chalk at me which I could have choked on. He couldn't teach English Literature interestingly, and I'd lost my concentration sitting in his interminably boring lessons. Having spat out the chalk, I walked out of his class and never returned. I didn't even do detention. Instead, I taught myself and achieved an A*, the highest grade. I never returned to the school. Instead I school at home and loving it.

So who was your worst teacher and why?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• TheAprilFoolTheAprilFool Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    I had a teacher in primary school who told me off because she checked on me twice and I was on the same question each time, even though I told her the first time that I was stuck on the question.
  • OggyOggy Posts: 1 Just got here
    I had a similar problem as a student! I started a course late and my English Language teacher sorted out some papers for me & put me through the exam but I missed out on some material...because she thought I couldn't be bothered I said I'd flunked it. Six of one or half a dozen of the other :3
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    My worst teacher was a teacher who EVERYTIME they saw me would make me go to the office and remove all my make up. I wasnt allowed to leave the office until i did. I had many agreument with this teacher and miss many lessons for it. I am a self concious person without my make up. Having make up on isnt gunna be affecting my acadmics but no make up will definely not make me concentraion when im feeling insecure. Like literally i wouldnt even wear a lot -  wearing only a bit of masrca was absolutly forbidden. Like why.  I still dont know. He wasted some many peoples times - sending so many girls to the office. He Was a right weirdo but scared the shit out of me
     Then he would give me detentions for never having a correct uniform of a skirt that was long as knee length
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • JustinRunyonJustinRunyon Posts: 4 Newbie
    there was no particular bad!
    There were many indifferent teachers at school and at the university!
    when I needed to be motivated to learn, they did not do anything and I lost so much time until I realized that learning was so important!
This discussion has been closed.