Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I think im failing for my fuck buddy

My fuck buddy and I have been seeing each other for 4 months now, we work and stay at the same place so we normally spend alot of time together. He told me he is resigning and moving back home,so this month he is serving his last month here. When he told me the news my heart broke into a million pieces and made me wonder if im in love with him? From the time we spend together, im always happy, he is a really nice and fun guy to be around. He told me i can come visit him wherever he is going i should not be worried. I wanna tell him how i really feel but im also scared to lose him forever

Comments

• TheAprilFoolTheAprilFool Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    I think it's probably best to just be honest and tell him how you feel. I know that you're scared because you think that this might lead to you losing him, but it could be that he feels the same way or that he will be more understanding than you think. Discussing it will allow for both of you to be honest about your feelings and try to work out where to go from here.
  • PuffinEthicsPuffinEthics Posts: 74 Budding Regular
    Hi @Sparia,

That sounds like a difficult situation.

It could help to talk to him about about it, because then you'll both know how you both feel. That may have the outcome you want, and it may not. As you say you want to tell him, is it just his reaction that's making you apprehensive? What do you want to happen ideally?

Hope your feeling okay

PuffinEthics :rainbow:
  • SpariaSparia Posts: 4 Newbie
    Hi @PuffinEthics.

Im okay. Im not sure if i want him to be my boy friend or not, im confused about that. Im kinda scared to be in a relationship, I havent been lucky. I suppose im scared by the fact that when he moves I won't see him again, we won't such have moments and our relationship will just fade away into thin air.
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hi @Sparia ,

​Sounds like you are in quite a tough situation.

​It may be constructive talking to him. Sometimes people can be scared to admit their feelings then you are in a situation like this, and you may never know whether or not they have the same feelings as you until you talk to him about it. Even if he didn't have the same feelings it may give you peace of mind just to know that you didn't miss out on the chance that he also has feelings. What makes you scared about being in a relationship?

​Good luck,

​- Saskia
  • Candlestick56Candlestick56 Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    Hi @Sparia,

Talking to him about your feelings doesn't mean you have to get into a relationship with him. If he's planning to move away what's the worst that can happen? If he feels the same way you do, maybe you can still see each other sometimes and see how things go? If he doesn't feel the same, that will be good closure for you to move on. There is nothing to lose by talking to him! Try to pick the moment though - after sex is usually best for these kinds of emotional conversations I find, it somehow makes people open up more :)

Good luck!

-Lizzie
  • PuffinEthicsPuffinEthics Posts: 74 Budding Regular
    Sparia wrote: »
    Hi @PuffinEthics.

Im okay. Im not sure if i want him to be my boy friend or not, im confused about that. Im kinda scared to be in a relationship, I havent been lucky. I suppose im scared by the fact that when he moves I won't see him again, we won't such have moments and our relationship will just fade away into thin air.

There's no problem in being open about your confusion too. Its okay to not know how you feel, you make work it out as you tell him anyway if you decide to.
    I think @sas181[/USER] put it really well, and so did [USER="102775"]Candlestick56

We're all here for you. How you feeling about it now?
  • Russell ToresRussell Tores Posts: 6 Confirmed not a robot
    Yeh you can still see each other sometimes to dont worry a bout it
    sas181 wrote: »
    Hi [USER="103567"]Sparia[/USER] ,

​Sounds like you are in quite a tough situation.

​It may be constructive talking to him. Sometimes people can be scared to admit their feelings then you are in a situation like this, and you may never know whether or not they have the same feelings as you until you talk to him about it. Even if he didn't have the same feelings it may give you peace of mind just to know that you didn't miss out on the chance that he also has feelings. What makes you scared about being in a relationship?

​Good luck,

​- Saskia

I was once in a relationship with a player, I was blinded by the fact that I love him and couldn't see all the wrong things he was doing. Maybe when they say "Love is blind" is true. He cheated over and over again and made it seem like it was my fault. He really broke me and Im still trying to pick myself up.

There's no problem in being open about your confusion too. Its okay to not know how you feel, you make work it out as you tell him anyway if you decide to.
    I think [USER="103500"]sas181[/USER] put it really well, and so did [USER="102775"]Candlestick56[/USER]

We're all here for you. How you feeling about it now?

Thank you guys, I really appreciate it... Well i have decided that I'm gonna tell him on the last day I spent with him🙈
  • FranFran Posts: 118 The Mix Convert
    Hey Sparia!!
    I think talking to him can be the best solution! If you are confused about your feelings, you can focus on what you are sure about! you can start telling him that you are afraid of losing him and explaining what him moving means to you! You don't need to plan a speech, you can just see how he reacts and let your feelings guide you during your conversation!
    Always better to give it a try :rainbow2:

Good luck and let us know!!

- Fran