Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Appointment tomorrow :s

AngelIsMe21AngelIsMe21 Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
It's my medication review and yet another assessment with a psychiatrist tomorrow, feeling anxious :s

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Aww I hope it goes well, let me know how it goes!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    How did this go, @AngelIsMe21? Appointments and assessments aren't the nicest things, so I hope it went okay. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • AngelIsMe21AngelIsMe21 Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    Hello,

I found it really difficult and hardly spoke at all. I wasn't able to share or speak up for myself because of this. I feel annoyed that I kind of wasted that time, despite knowing that I am in dire need of support.
  • Invisible_meInvisible_me Posts: 138 The Mix Convert
    Hello,

I found it really difficult and hardly spoke at all. I wasn't able to share or speak up for myself because of this. I feel annoyed that I kind of wasted that time, despite knowing that I am in dire need of support.

Hi there,

TO be honest, I am often in the same boat. It can be very hard to share things v.openly with someone especially when you are feeling v.anxious to start of with anyway. Try not to feel too annoyed. When is your next appointment-Maybe you could share some of things then? Sometimes, writing things down can make things easier. Planning always help (me).

Take care,
    I'm not sure when I will next be seeing him as of yet as another appointment hasn't been arranged as it stands.
    I'm glad that writing helps you to plan and I may give that a go myself, thank you.
    I'm not sure when I will next be seeing him as of yet as another appointment hasn't been arranged as it stands.
    I'm glad that writing helps you to plan and I may give that a go myself, thank you.

Hello,

So is it the same for you, next appts aren't arranged in the actual appointment. Bit how mine works. OK. Do you know roughly- what's the 'normal gap'?

Writing things down not only helps you plan what you are thinking of saying and somewhat getting it said. But also, helps in anxiety as there is a plan in place. When things are planned for it can reduce some of the anxiety which then makes it easier for you to say things, therefore, better use of the time. Yeah, see how writing things down on a piece of paper to give to him, or like a script of what to say goes for you. There is no correct way of writing things down whatever works for you at the time. For some people, Bullet points are easier than wrting things down 'word-for-word'. It wil become clearer at the time. Maybe you could wriite a few pointers from now. Often working on it over time rather than writing it all down at one time is better.

Let me know how you get on.-Here to help.

Invisible_me
    No, sometimes they are arranged in there and sometimes they are not, it all depends. And I'm not sure what the normal gap is either as my appointments with the psychiatrist haven't been consistent either.

Writing things down in bullet point form sounds a lot easier at the moment, so maybe I will give that a go and see how I get on with it.

Thank you soo much for being there.x
    Hi,

I'm so sorry for late reply...Your very welcome!.... That's fine... Have you heard anything now? been a whie?

Bullter points are easier... give it a go, see what you think. welcome
    Hi,

I'm so sorry for late reply...Your very welcome!.... That's fine... Have you heard anything now? been a whie?

Bullter points are easier... give it a go, see what you think. welcome

Hello,
    That's okay for a later reply, the lovely thing is that you did reply, after all. Hardly anyone replies to me so when it does happen, it means even more.

The psychiatrist took me off of the medication(s) but I'm starting to feel as though he made a mistake. I am not coping.
  • FranFran Posts: 118 The Mix Convert
    Hey @AngelIsMe21,

Why don't you call your psychiatrist and fix another appointment to talk about it? Maybe it's part of the recovery and it's right to feel this way for a while after stopping the medication before starting feeling better.
    You have every right to ask for information about it and don't worry about fixing another appointment.

Let us know how things go, here we all do care about you :heart:

- Fran

Hello,
    That's okay for a later reply, the lovely thing is that you did reply, after all. Hardly anyone replies to me so when it does happen, it means even more.

The psychiatrist took me off of the medication(s) but I'm starting to feel as though he made a mistake. I am not coping.

Hi there,

Sorry for delay- thanks for understanding.

Coming of medication can be challenge, the first 2 weeks of being on medication and coming of it can be a bit of a struggle- this is almost when you have to be cautious. But saying that, medication should be weaned off and should never be a sudden decision. He also should have only taken off you medication if he feels you can cope (and ideally look at the next month in your schedule to make sure there's nothing like a huge stress trigger) as well as taking your permission.

WIth what Fran says, yes I agree to it.

see how you go. if you get to concerned go back and tell him, call him up if needs be.

take care,
    Invisible_me
    Fran wrote: »
    Hey [USER="103008"]AngelIsMe21[/USER],

Why don't you call your psychiatrist and fix another appointment to talk about it? Maybe it's part of the recovery and it's right to feel this way for a while after stopping the medication before starting feeling better.
    You have every right to ask for information about it and don't worry about fixing another appointment.

Let us know how things go, here we all do care about you :heart:

- Fran

Hi again Fran😘
    I've spoken to my psychologist (DBT) about it, well briefly mentioned and brought it up with her and she told me that she'd have a conversation herself with the psychiatrist to try to work out together what exactly would be best for me at this moment in time😐

Hi there,

Sorry for delay- thanks for understanding.

Coming of medication can be challenge, the first 2 weeks of being on medication and coming of it can be a bit of a struggle- this is almost when you have to be cautious. But saying that, medication should be weaned off and should never be a sudden decision. He also should have only taken off you medication if he feels you can cope (and ideally look at the next month in your schedule to make sure there's nothing like a huge stress trigger) as well as taking your permission.

WIth what Fran says, yes I agree to it.

see how you go. if you get to concerned go back and tell him, call him up if needs be.

take care,
    Invisible_me

Thank you again for responding, means a lot to me.

It was my fault, at the time, since I'd not been speaking as much as what I probably should have done and was kind of just sat there in pure silence most of the time (since I'd been finding it a really difficult one to manage)
  • FranFran Posts: 118 The Mix Convert
    Hey @AngelIsMe21,

Its' really good to hear that you have managed to talk about that with your psychologist and that she's going to help you talking directly to your psychiatrist!!
    Team work really provides the best solution, so I'm positive the situation is going to improve!!

Take care,

- Fran

Thank you again for responding, means a lot to me.

It was my fault, at the time, since I'd not been speaking as much as what I probably should have done and was kind of just sat there in pure silence most of the time (since I'd been finding it a really difficult one to manage)

Hello

You really don't need to apoligise, and it isn't your fault. It is really hard to speak up at these appointment and voice things as we would like to. It been a while since that appointment (in Feb)- Have you had another one since? Or know any details about another appt.

and well doe for talking to your phycologist about it- Hopefully, she'll be able to put a word in for you- That is perfectly fine!.

Take care,
    Invisible_me