Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hard time

AbcappleabcAbcappleabc Posts: 1 Just got here
Hi
Having a bit of a hard time at the moment things are not good at home I don't get on with anyone I just end up arguing with everyone. It is also nearly a year since I had a miscarriage which I'm finding hard to deal with as I didn't tell any of my family. I'm also not really sleeping well I'm just all confused about a lot of things and I'm not sure What to do anymore

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    Hey apple, and welcome to the community. :wave: Glad you found us.

I could imagine each of those things being difficult to deal with on their own, let alone all together. Reading your post, it sounds like you're trying to process a lot without that much energy or headspace. It's never fun having to deal without much sleep when we've got so much going on, too. :(

If you don't mind me asking, did you receive any support after the miscarriage? Or tell anyone at all?

Going through something traumatic like this can really take its toll on us, and it's important that we get the care we need to process everything. The Miscarriage Association have a lot of information on their website, and they have a page for counselling after a miscarriage which might be of interest. Visiting a doctor is also a good shout as they can usually refer you on to extra support if you need it.

I'm wondering, too, do you know why you're not getting on with your family?

You've done so well to post here. Talking about these things is never easy, and takes a lot of courage. Let us know how you're getting on - there's always someone listening. And do take care. *hug*
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey abcappleabc & welcome!!

Does sound like youre having a hard time, even harder when not getting support, or even getting along, with your family, Can really drain our energy aswell - having arguements and bad vibe. :(

Do you get any support? i hope you find some support on here or somewhere. Is a lot to cope and deal with on own

take care
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • FranFran Posts: 118 The Mix Convert
    Hey @Abcappleabc :wave:
    Welcome!! You have been brave opening up about your feelings and that's what's right to do when you are having hard times.
    it's so sorry to hear about your miscarriage and about the fact that you are having a difficult time at home. Do you feel like talking to a friend about your thoughts? this could be a second step (you have already taken a big first one by writing here) just to keep on talking, as it sounds like you need to and it would help you face what you are struggling with.
    If you haven't received any support after your miscarriage, maybe this could be the third step. Your GP could help you find a professional to talk to and you could start shedding lights on your inner thoughts.

Take care, :heart:

- Fran
  • PositiveAuraPositiveAura Posts: 150 Helping Hand
    Hi @Abcappleabc

​I hope you are feeling better after posting and receiving some great advice from everyone.

​I am sorry to hear about your miscarriage and the situation at home, t sounds very difficult and I can see why you have a lot on your mind. I can imagine that opening up on here has helped to start clearing your thoughts and feelings a little, or at least has given you somewhere to start. Talking to someone if you haven't already can open this up even more and help you work through everything that you have been through. It sounds like things may be building up on you and talking can definitely help to clear it all.
    You say that you're not sleeping etc. too and clearing your head may help with this, which in turn gives us more energy and can slowly help other areas too. Before worrying too much about your family situation, if that is ok at the moment, focus on yourself. Then as you feel better, this can too.

​I'd agree that talking to your GP can help you find the right support to start with. They can give you plenty of information and signpost you to any service that you may need. And if you aren't ready to take this step in person, there's lots of information online and many telephone support lines. For example, you can call the Samaritans on 116 123 to talk about anything and everything 24/7.

​And like we say, we are here to listen too. :)

-PositiveAura:rainbow2: