Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Feeling suicidal

Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
Hello I am starting to feel very suicidal like I just wish that I would die and not be here anymore as nobody seems to really understand or care about me and everyone is so ignorant, nasty and arrogant when I say or talk about things in which people should not find offensive at all like when I said that I just wish that everyone was the same for once like be able to do things for themselves and when I said that I just wish there was a cure for all conditions and illnesses without anyone saying anything negative or taking it to heart or finding it offensive as I just want it to all stop and for people to agree with what I say for once.

Comments

• nish215nish215 Posts: 64 Boards Initiate
    Hi Sholay09,

I'm sorry you're feeling like this right now, it's understandable how you might feel alone during times like this, maybe you should try talking to your GP and see how they can help you out of this rough patch you're going through right now.

Here is a link to the Mind website where they offer you lots of great advice, information and helplines to dealing with the suicidal feelings: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/suicidal-feelings/#.WpGznejFLIU

You mentioned how it seems nobody really understands or cares about you, perhaps you could try talking to some friends about how your feeling and see if they understand where you're coming from, because we often forget that we are loved and appreciated by others when things get difficult, would that be an option?

Also we're always here at The Mix if you ever need to talk and need someone to listen because your feelings are always valid and important.

-Nish :)
  • Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Ok thank you but I am still hoping that life would improve in general and stop saying things that upset me and understand when I do not like seeing certain things all the time like people born with no or short limbs in which was caused by that drug back in the 1950s and 1960s in which I am glad they have now banned it as it was causing many birth defects and deaths in unborn and newborn babies.
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hi @Sholay09,

How are you doing? I'm sorry that people are disagreeing with you at the moment, it can be really frustrating when others don't seem to see our point of view. For what it's worth, I wish there was a cure for all conditions and illnesses too! I can't imagine an argument against that one!

Do you have any friends or family members who are not making you feel this way? As Nish said, it can really help to feel appreciated and loved by surrounding us with people who make us feel good, not bad. If you ever want a phone conversation, if you are feeling low, the Mix's helpline is free and open 11am-11pm [URL="tel:08088084994"]0808 808 4994[/URL]

Hope things look better soon :rainbow::heart:

- Lucy
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • EstherMixEstherMix Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
    Hey Sholay09!

Thank you for being so honest and open in your initial post! How are you feeling now?

It can be upsetting when people do not agree with a view that you are passionate about. Have you tried communicating your frustration to the people who disagree with you? This may help them to be less dismissive of your ideas in the future and make you feel more comfortable sharing your opinions.

​Here is a link with details of who to contact when you are feeling suicidal: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/suicide/getting-help/​

​Please don't be discouraged from sharing your ideas and opinions, doing so will help you to find more people who agree with them! :)

​- Esther
  • nish215nish215 Posts: 64 Boards Initiate
    Hi Sholay09,

I hope you're doing well. It can be upsetting seeing distressing things going on around the world and it is great to see that you are so compassionate, but if you know what exactly is troubling you, maybe you could try to avoid seeing it or hearing about it, or even try to chat with a close friend to get things off your chest.

-Nish :)
    Thank you all for replying to my post as I also really hate it when I want to say sorry to someone and when I still think about things that still upset me I just do not like it when people seem to forget about these problems straight away or just brush all of the issues under the carpetand just quickly move on pretending nothing happened when I just wish that would stop and also for everyone to stop saying certain things that I do not find helpful or agreeable like when they say that it is normal for life to change when it is not normal for life to change like that at all so I just wish that everyone would agree with what I say, stop forgetting or brushing everything under the carpet and start to show some sympathy or remorse towards me as nobody seems to really care about me at all.
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hi @Sholay09

We care about you here *hug* it can be really frustrating when people move quickly on without acknowledging what has happened, I agree, and that happens a lot. If you want to slow things down and talk them out, then do you feel you could try and raise that with people? Do you want to talk about anything else here, we're here to listen?

Take care
    - Lucy:rainbow:
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey Sholay

Im sorry youre feeling suicidal
    .i care & hoping youre feeling bit better now. It is hard when people pretend certain things havent happened and move on & do nothing. May be you could speak with them about it.

Also maybe try to remember its okay if people dont agree with you all the time. Is normal. If you think is right than all that matters. Sometimes people will disagree on many pathetic things but just matters what you think

Take care
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • MochanMochan Posts: 65 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Sholay. It's really good that you shared your feelings on here. It can feel really isolating when people don't acknowledge problems and brush them under the carpet. It's healthy to discuss sad feelings as well as happy ones. As you can see from all the replies on here, we're here for you when you feel down about this. How are you feeling today?
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Hey Sholay

Im sorry youre feeling suicidal
    .i care & hoping youre feeling bit better now. It is hard when people pretend certain things havent happened and move on & do nothing. May be you could speak with them about it.

Also maybe try to remember its okay if people dont agree with you all the time. Is normal. If you think is right than all that matters. Sometimes people will disagree on many pathetic things but just matters what you think

Take care

Thank you for caring Shaunie but I do not mean to say this to be rude but people should always agree with some things that I say like when I say that adulthood and everything else should not be 25 years of age as everyone is an adult before that age and also because it is ridiculous and way too high as nobody should agree to it and understand what I say for once.
    Mochan wrote: »
    Hi @Sholay. It's really good that you shared your feelings on here. It can feel really isolating when people don't acknowledge problems and brush them under the carpet. It's healthy to discuss sad feelings as well as happy ones. As you can see from all the replies on here, we're here for you when you feel down about this. How are you feeling today?

I am feeling ok thank you.
  • SevenSeven Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    Hey there!

We're glad you've been able to express yourself a little bit on here! We're happy to listen, and glad you've been able to discuss your opinions! Learning from each other is a great thing to do along the way :)

Do you still feel frustrated? It can be hard for those frustrations and sadness to go away or get better sometimes, but it sounds like you're feeling a little better which is great?
  • FranFran Posts: 118 The Mix Convert
    Hey @Sholay09 :wave:
    It can be really frustrating not feeling understood or always have to face critics about your opinions. What are the topics you care the most and that you find it harder to be agreed on by the others?
    This community is a safe place where to open up, so why don't you post about some topic you care about and start talking about it here? it could be useful for you and for the others. If you check, you can find this kind of posts in which a topic is discussed and people express their opinion about it!

Hope it can help,

Fran