Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A very urgent appointment???????

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
Ok so I noticed some changes in my breast (sorry to be blunt lol) it was that my nipple had gone invirted (goes into the breast)

I had noticed the change several months ago but it never caused me any concern until late last week.... I picked up a breast care leaflet thing from a breast cancer awareness event going on in ASDA. I decided to have a look through it and then realised 1 sign of it can be the nipple turning invirted.

Again I wasn’t worried or extremely concerned as I knew it was very unlikely due to having no lumps or other signs. But still it was a change in whats normal for me so I went to my GP.

I saw a doctor explained what was up and she examined me. She agreed that the nipple was slightly invited but that she couldn’t feel any lumps. She said she wasn’t concerned but wanted to send me to the breast referral clinic as a precortion due to the change and because there is a family history of it.
I’ve been before when I noticed lumpyness in my breast (same one as now) and it came back clear.

So I wasn’t worried about being referred. I would either get a call or a letter giving me the appointment date and time. She told me that “if they did not contact me within a week then you must contact the doctor again!”

This wasn’t said last time but nice to hear she’s taking me seriously.

So I had a phone call while at work and it was my nan. She called my boss to get in contact with me. She said the hospital had called and I need to call them back when I got chance. She only called work to give me more chance in contacting them instead of ringing and ringing and ringing.

So I got my phone and turned it on and had a voicemail from the hospital saying I needed to contact them about “a very urgent appointment.”

So why all of a sudden has it become a very urgent appointment? Last time I was given an appointment with no mention of the appointment being urgent...... so why is it urgent this time??

Not worried really but it has got me thinking a little.. I’m probably overreacting now I know but still

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hi,

I’m not sure, I guess the GP may have written a referral letter that came across as urgent or maybe they have put all problems like this under some sort of urgent category... I’m not sure though.

I really hope it goes well and that it is nothing to worry about!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Ive had emerancy appointments and was hardly anything
    Hope its nothing to worry about.
    Take good care OIAM
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Hope everything is okay OIAM x