Homeā€ŗ Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The Dentist😬

AngelIsMe21AngelIsMe21 Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
I need to book a dentist appointment (check-up) but also know that I need a LOT of work/treatment on my teeth again. Only problem is...I can't afford it!

Comments

• MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Are there no NHS dentists in your area? It would save you a lot of money searching for one, even if their surgery is a few miles away. Put your postcode into the Google box, and "nhs dentists" and see. No luck? Then enter your country's post code and do the same. If you find an NHS dentist, phone asking if they are taking on new patients.

• AngelIsMe21AngelIsMe21 Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    It is a dentist which offers both private and NHS dental care but even the NHS costs are high, especially when I have to pay for anything there, check-ups cost too.

NHS dentists are not free as such, there are some eligibility for free check ups and treatment but again, I don't fall into this either.
  • MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    I know NHS dentistry isn't free, but I'm sorry for your situation.
    There doesn't seem to be any way around this at all either :s
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    May be worth asking them at your dentist if they have any sort of financial support programme for people who canā€™t afford treatment? Iā€™m not sure whether it will but you dont know unless you ask :)
    ā€œSometimes the people around you wonā€™t understand your journey. They donā€™t need to, itā€™s not for them.ā€
    May be worth asking them at your dentist if they have any sort of financial support programme for people who can’t afford treatment? I’m not sure whether it will but you dont know unless you ask :)

That's a good idea and even if they probably won't, it may be worth askingšŸ‘Not a lot of people in my area need to pay for it because of being on this and that. . .