Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

DBT

AngelIsMe21AngelIsMe21 Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
Hi Everyone,
Wondering if there's anyone else who is doing, or has done a DBT programme before?

Comments

• LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Hiya

I am just about to start it in sessions with my Care Co-Ordinator it says on my care plan that she'll use DBT informed approach
  • AngelIsMe21AngelIsMe21 Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    Lostsense wrote: »
    Hiya

I am just about to start it in sessions with my Care Co-Ordinator it says on my care plan that she'll use DBT informed approach

Ah okay, that's great. How are you feeling about it?
    Yeah I'm feeling good about it! Are you doing DBT then or about to start it?
  • AngelIsMe21AngelIsMe21 Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    I'm glad you're feeling good about it. So, will that approach just be used in your sessions or will you be on the programme itself? I am on the programme and have been on it almost 6 months now.x
    Well, my Care Co-Ordinator is starting group DBT programme which is 2hours a week so pretty intensive (I know some are a lot more intensive than that hough ie I know some that you have to go inpatient to do DBT) but the other option she gave me is a lot less intensive (and people persume I like to work slow) so she asked me if I wanted to do that or if I wanted to use DBT in our 121 sessions and I cant make decissions (or the right decisson) so I left it down to her so she said she'll do an DBT informed approach in our 121 sessions and then see how we get on. How are you finding it?