Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Don't know what to call this

Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
Ive had this bloody thing open to create a new topic for over an hour now.

It certainly is really tough sometimes to put how i feel into words sometimes. When i used to use the Childline chat years ago i was the one who used the drawing thingy to help express how i felt because it is just so much easier and words dont come naturally to me, especially when i am feeling depressed.

I don't even know what the topic of this post is. I have recently started volunteering with a new organisation only because they are local to me, i jumped into it without thinking about my own health, the commitment that i would need to make and forgetting that i already feel happy volunteering for all the organisations i already volunteer for, Maybe it was a sense of trying to make others proud of me, maybe i am just greedy, i don't know.......

I was going to write so much more but i just can't fucking be honest with myself, i can't keep pretending!!
''You were in the wilderness
Looking for your own purpose
Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)

Comments

• Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Hey Jacob :wave:

Firstly, your health comes before anything else! is there any way you could put this new volunteering on hold til you feel in a better place to cope with it? it sounds like you have lots going on already! Others are already proud of you, i know i am :) *hug*
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    Hey Jacob :wave:

Firstly, your health comes before anything else! is there any way you could put this new volunteering on hold til you feel in a better place to cope with it? it sounds like you have lots going on already! Others are already proud of you, i know i am :) *hug*

Hi bubbles,

I have quit my new voluntary role and i think its for the best to be honest. I have far too much going on at the moment which i am struggling to cope with and its pretty overwhelming. And awww thank you *hug*
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    nish215nish215 Posts: 64 Boards Initiate
    Hi Jacob,

I'm so glad to hear you put your self and mental health first and stopped the volunteering role!

Also, it's completely understandable that you find it difficult to put what you're feeling into words, but this has been a great step forward in the right direction. Maybe you can find other ways of expressing yourself through art, music or a favourite hobby of yours? How does that sound?

Nish :)