Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I keep thinking people are talking about me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Im in high School and every time i get something wrong everyone starts making a big deal out of it then when they start saying things that I'm dumb and that they are smarter than me so when i ignore them i hear voices in my head telling me I'm thick and a looser and I'm stupid and I always feel that people are talking about me behind my back that they actually hate me. I'm too scared to tell my mum and dad about this and im not sure what to do now.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Honestly, try speak to someone about it, and let the teacher know whats happening. Sometimes when things play over in our heads it's hard to shake off. Nobody's perfect and we all make mistakes and get things wrong sometimes, the main thing is you're answering, who cares if its wrong? That just means you're learning! When we hear things so often we start to believe them, but it's all just lies! Please don't listen to them, I'm sure if you speak to your parents then can assure you it's not true, and they can help you :)

also, welcome to the boards! :wave:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Hi,

I'm 14, so also in high school. I know exactly how you feel. Honestly, you should try to talk to someone about it. That person could be anyone that you trust - like a teacher or school assistant. Any adult you trust.

High school is hard work.

- Eleanor.

P.S. As bubbles said, welcome to the boards, it's great to have you here!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Thank you both! I'll try and talk to my head of year to move classes so I'm not with the ones that pick on me 😁
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Absolutely do that, you shouldn't have to put up with that crap at the place where you spend a high percentage of your time! Hope they sort it out.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    vidhyavidhya Deactivated Posts: 75 Budding Regular
    Hey there,

I’m sorry to hear that you are feeling this way! You most certainly are not dumb or thick, it’s totally normal to be hard on yourself! High school unfortunately can be a tough experience and everybody faces challenges along the way!

If you feel like you want to talk to someone more about your experiences, you can reach out to Get Connected, which is a free, confidential helpline service that supports young people with their problems. Their number is 0808 808 4994.

Alternatively, The Mix offers a range of articles that deal with issues with classmates and bullying like this one: http://www.themix.org.uk/sex-and-relationships/friendship/beat-bullying-6285.html . Here is a list of support lines/helplines mentioned in the article that can be contacted if you want to explain your situation in more detail:
    • BullyingUK offers advice and support to victims of bullying. Call on 0808 800 2222.
    • Anyone can contact the Samaritans on their 24-hour helpline to talk things through. 116 123
    • Supportline offers confidential emotional support for a range of problems by email, phone and post.

Hope this helped!

Vidhya @The Mix
  • Options
    Please don't listen to them, I'm sure if you speak to your parents then can assure you it's not true, and they can help you :)

They helped me a lot!