Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Dad brought the Christmas tree home yesterday and me and my sisters are going to decorate it when they are home from school! So excited for Christamas
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    So my msp was at the pub and i started drunkenly shouting at him to sort the mental health system out... not sure if this is good or bad :hyper::p
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Love when you find someone that you can trust and talk to about things!! You know who you are x
  • Options
    Christmas party tonight and just finished wrapping all the pressies for this year :)
  • Options
    With all the negativity going on in my mind, I forgot to tell you all my good news, pieces of my writing have been published! :hyper::hyper:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    With all the negativity going on in my mind, I forgot to tell you all my good news, pieces of my writing have been published! :hyper::hyper:

BubblesGoesBoo Congratulations - I'm so proud of you. :thumb:
  • Options
    I have a huge problem with admitting i can't cope with things, but managed to tell my boss that I'm not coping with all the overtime, I've been doing it for 3 months! So as of January I'm going back to my contracted hours ! :)
  • Options
    Princesa wrote: »

BubblesGoesBoo Congratulations - I'm so proud of you. :thumb:

thank you! :hyper:
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    I've finished school until January! I've been ready to finish for about 3 weeks, so I'm glad it's finally here!

And obviously my brain is ready too - I just wrote "I've not been school since January" and spelt 'too' with 1 o instead of 2.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    I sewed the head back my lovely old teddy bear and dressed him in a pair of green knitted trousers with straps. He looks lovely! Better still, my sister apologised for hurting him, so we hugged on that.
  • Options
    I tweeted the people re my card today... turns out I didn't have to call them at all and I had to do it online... my new card will be with me in approx. 10 working days! YAYA!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Mrs Brown's Boys are on BBC 1 tonight. YAY!
  • Options
    My grandpa is no longer terminal! The doctors don't know how but his tumour is shrinking! Christmas miracles and all that..
  • Options
    My grandpa is no longer terminal! The doctors don't know how but his tumour is shrinking! Christmas miracles and all that..

How wonderful to hear and what great news, Bubbles! That is just - fantastic! :thumb:
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Mirabelle wrote: »

How wonderful to hear and what great news, Bubbles! That is just - fantastic! :thumb:
    Thank you!! :heart:
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    I spoke to freddie from the show skins (luke pasqualio) today lol. I didnt know he lived in the same area but even says on wikipeda he does. Im so supirse i even said anything ah
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    :rainbow:Mummy is stable, and that makes Jules and I happy. It also helps make Christmas, otherwise a difficult time of the year, easier. We are making happy memories, and for us and for our family there are no better uplifting moments than these :rainbow2:
  • Options
    Just spent the last 2.5 hours building my new desk, tidying my entire room, and sorting through my half a gazillion perfume bottles... ahh that's better!!

I must be the only 15 year old who loves tidying!
  • Options
    Just spent the last 2.5 hours building my new desk, tidying my entire room, and sorting through my half a gazillion perfume bottles... ahh that's better!!

I must be the only 15 year old who loves tidying!

no you're not. Mandy loves doing what you do, and it makes her happy and relaxed afterwards, too. :)
  • Options
    Mirabelle wrote: »

no you're not. Mandy loves doing what you do, and it makes her happy and relaxed afterwards, too. :)

Yeeeh that's kinda what it's like with me... I procrastinate doing it but then when I start I love it.
  • Options
    it's meant to be a secret so shhh! i can't contain my excitment and need to tell someone ... my friend is having a baby!!! :hyper::hyper:
  • Options
    Mandy left today to live in France with one of my aunts. I won't be sad. Not one bit. My sister left with a split lip.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bye for now, everyone.
  • Options
    My best friends Dani and Valentina are coming to stay from Palma. They'll be here this afternoon. I'm so happy I'm bouncing! :hyper:
  • Options
    it's my 4 year anniversary on the boards! :hyper:
  • Options
    it's my 4 year anniversary on the boards! :hyper:

Congratulations Bubbles, that's super! :thumb:
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    So excited to be going to london fireworks for NYE. Been anxious about it for a few days.but now feel fine & cant wait. Ive always wanted to go
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »
    So excited to be going to london fireworks for NYE. Been anxious about it for a few days.but now feel fine & cant wait. Ive always wanted to go

Shaunie there will be a LOT going to the NYE fireworks in London, gathering at the River Thames overlooking Big Ben and Houses of Parliament. So journey to London earlier if you can, being aware that the busses and Underground will be very busy.

Alll the best,

Belle
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »

Aww I went to the London fireworks a couple of years ago and it was actually amazing. You will have such a good time there!