Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mummy died this afternoon

MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
At 4 pm this afternoon, mummy died. I was with her when she passed away peacefully.

This evening a grief counsellor came. She helped Jules and me, and other members of our family. We will be seeing the counsellor over the next few days.

I wish to thank several here for their help and support to Jules and me.

Belle

Comments

• NikkiNikki Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Oh, I am so sorry to hear Belle, and offer my condolences to you and your loved ones. Sending lots of big hugs.

We have some info on grief counselling, and some resources for young people and bereavement (Hope Again and Cruse) that might be helpful along with your sessions with the counsellor. You might already be aware of them, but wanted to flag them up in case.

If you need any further support over the next few days, do reach out on here. We are all here for you.

Take care,
    Nikki x
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Belle, I am so so sorry. I'm sending hugs to you and @Princesa and all of your family xxx
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Thank you @Nikki[/USER] for the links. We will be seeing someone at Cruise soon and the other two links I have saved. Thank you also [USER="95994"]independent_ you are a dear friend and I will tell Jules.

Belle x x

• RachelRachel Posts: 27 Boards Initiate
    Belle I am so sorry to hear this, I hope you and your family are all doing okay, or as well as possible! Sending hugs to you guys! I'm so glad that you got to spend Christmas with your Mum though and if you need anything I'm always here.

Rachel xx
    Rachel wrote: »
    Belle I am so sorry to hear this, I hope you and your family are all doing okay, or as well as possible! Sending hugs to you guys! I'm so glad that you got to spend Christmas with your Mum though and if you need anything I'm always here.

Rachel xx

Hey Rachel,

Thank you for saying what you did. Though Jules and I are very sad, it was inevitable that mummy would die some time, but it happened very quickly which was the shock. However, mummy left a folder to show us what to do and this we are in the process of. Incredibly practical she even pre-paid her funeral! How thoughtful and considerate of her. :)

I will pm you if needing anything, our forum friends also.

Happy New Year!

Belle x
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thank you so much everyone for being supportive to Belle and to me.

Our family have remained since Christmas and are helping us with what needs to be done.

Julie
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi Belle,

Sorry to read you lost your mum. It might be hard to accept it at the moment but thing will get easier soon.

Its ok to cry and it does not mean your weak. Crying is the human bodies way of letting out emotion. I am going to echo what @Nikki said, hope again are a really lovely and friendly service and helped me when i was extremely down last year.

Crying isn't a sign of weakness, it shows you have a heart.

Look after yourself and do some self-care

Speak soon

Abi
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    Abigail wrote: »
    Hi Belle,

Sorry to read you lost your mum. It might be hard to accept it at the moment but thing will get easier soon.

Its ok to cry and it does not mean your weak. Crying is the human bodies way of letting out emotion. I am going to echo what @Nikki said, hope again are a really lovely and friendly service and helped me when i was extremely down last year.

Crying isn't a sign of weakness, it shows you have a heart.

Look after yourself and do some self-care

Speak soon

Abi

You were very caring to me last night when I felt so low and done for. My family are most grateful to those links I received, also from others and the forum staff most helpful as always.

Thank you lots, Abi. :)

Belle x
  • RayofhopeRayofhope Posts: 152 Helping Hand
    Sorry to here this mirabelle. How are you feeling at the moment?
    Life doesn’t require we be the best, only that we try our best
    Rayofhope wrote: »
    Sorry to here this mirabelle. How are you feeling at the moment?

Up and down my friend. I smelt some of mummy's perfume and burst into tears. Jules goes quiet, so I look out for her. She's temporarily left the forum which is all part of her dealing with our grief. We saw a Cruise counsellor who was very, very good! We will be seeing her again, but the night mummy died we were visited by a counsellor friend of our doctor. She was super, too. Left me her phone number if times get rough. I've been waking up earlier. I think it's only natural. Jules buries herself into her music composing. She's got the gear alright.

So it's one day at a time. Mummy's funeral is next Wednesday 3 January. I will be leading the service, but I'm making it different. I will be playing some music I composed and lyrics. It's a Celtic folk song which mummy loved. Then Jules and I will be doing a shared talk about our pianist mother's life. Many will be coming, some from LA and Germany, musician friends of her's, plus 14 family.

After mummy's burial, then the emptiness begins. I've been warned.

The love of the forum people here, the staff and chat has been incredible. Jules and I are very grateful. :)

Belle x
  • RachelRachel Posts: 27 Boards Initiate
    Hey @Mirabelle

I definitely think that these are all completely natural things (getting up earlier, crying etc.) and @Abigail is completely right in saying that you should not be ashamed of this!

It sounds as though her funeral will be a beautiful way to reflect on you Mum's life, which sounds incredible might I add!

It's great to hear that you are getting all the support you need from counsellors and that your family are with you, and also lovely to hear that you are looking out for your family members too! Just don't forget to look out for yourself in the meantime!

Always here if you need me!

Rachel xx
    I'm not ashamed to feel as I do, Rachel thanks for asking. Jules is similar. We and our family want our mum's funeral to be one to remembered. We'll see our counsellor next Monday, but this weekend has got to be lived come what may.

I feel empty. Its to be expected. This afternoon I'll sleep by the fire, logs are always comforting and our dog is never far away. Our weather is awful. But occasionally are bright bits of sun peeping through our dark clouds.

I will talk to you sometime, thank you for asking :)

Belle x
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hi @Mirabelle,

I'm really sorry to hear that - I wish to pass on my condolences to you and the rest of your family. Here to support you through this difficult time - PM me if you ever want to talk/rant, and I'd be happy to listenx

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Azziman wrote: »
    Hi @Mirabelle,

I'm really sorry to hear that - I wish to pass on my condolences to you and the rest of your family. Here to support you through this difficult time - PM me if you ever want to talk/rant, and I'd be happy to listenx

Much love <3

Thank you
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hi @Mirabelle, so sorry to hear this. Hope the funeral is OK - sounds like you have some lovely things planned. Sending hugs to you and family *hug*

- Lucy :rainbow:
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    Lucy307 wrote: »
    Hi @Mirabelle, so sorry to hear this. Hope the funeral is OK - sounds like you have some lovely things planned. Sending hugs to you and family *hug*

- Lucy :rainbow:

Thank you Lucy307 . :heart:

The funeral will be on Wednesday where not only my family will attend, but also some of my lovely angler friends. Today I asked them to come to the memorial service I will be leading. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is my malevolent sister Mandy coming.

Belle xx
  • DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Hey Mirabelle,

So sorry for your loss! We are all here for you whenever you need us! Stay strong. Big hugs :heart:

Drea:heart:*hug*
    Drea wrote: »
    Hey Mirabelle,

So sorry for your loss! We are all here for you whenever you need us! Stay strong. Big hugs :heart:

Drea:heart:*hug*

Thank you, Drea for what you said is very appreciated.

After the funeral on Wednesday I'm going to have a rough time, but all is not lost. Sometime I may have some good news, but I'm waiting things out.

I'm staying strong. Quite remarkable, really.

Happy new year!