Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How to feel better when ill.

starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
I have been ill for a couple of days now and was wondering what you guys do to feel better when you are not feeling too great. Are there any activities you do to take your mind of things or foods/drinks you like?
Starting to get very bored and fed up of feeling this ill now :(

Esme x

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,612 Legendary Poster
    Aww Esme, I hope you feel better soon.

Will think of my tips and post them later!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Thanks @independent_ :heart:
  • NikkiNikki Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Hi Esme, how are you this evening?
    Sorry to hear you are ill, and hope you feel better soon.
    I love curling up and watching old movies that I enjoyed when younger, or drinking hot chocolate with a novel. Also drawing, writing a letter to a friend, making music playlists with quirky names might ease the boredom!
    Food-wise, something comforting and light, like sorbet/ice cream, or tomato soup with cheese on toast always does the trick. :)
    Hope that helps!
    Big hugs
    Nikki Xo
    Hey @Nikki

Im still not too good. Better than earlier on today though which is good. They are good ideas! I will put on some relaxing music and close my eyes for a bit then i might borrow my sister colouring book and do some of that for a bit.

Esme x
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,030 Boards Guru
    Hey Esme,

I'm sorry to hear you've not been feeling well. I hope you feel a bit better soon :(

I agree with Nikki, sometimes curling up and watching a film can be great to do when you're not feeling too well. My favourite film is Bridesmaids, it always makes me laugh when I watch it. Definitely a good one to watch if you're not feeling too great. You should check it out if you haven't seen it :)

A hot water bottle and hot chocolate are also a must too!

Hope you feel better soon.

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Hey @Aife

Im still feeling pretty ill but better than i have been the last couple of days now. Bridesmaids is such a good film but i had forgot about it so i will watch it again later on :)

Thanks,
    Esme x
  • MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Hi Esme, hope you're feeling a bit better tonight.

Talking to friends will help keep your mind from troubling you, and we will always be around if not feeling too tired.
    Watching a Disney film with your little sister would be fun, and stoking your log stove makes for nice warm toeties.
    A mug of hot chocolate is cheerful if you can take it, but keep sipping water and tasting a little honey will help give you energy if taken in small amounts.

Much love,
    Belle x
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey Esme

How you feeling? Agree with the above, I usually curl up in the warm with a nice film and try not to feel too sorry for myself! Hot drinks and rest usually help. Hope you're feeling better now!

- Lucy
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    Hey @Lucy307

Im feeling much better now thanks! I spent a few days huddled under my duvet and watching films/reading and resting. It was nice to have time off from training even though it was because i was ill.

Esme x
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    That's great to hear :) Have a restful and merry Xmas!!
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Listening to the radio is often helpful if we feel that TV is too visually demanding. The radio can be playing some lovely soothing classical music, even super stories can be enjoyed on BBC Radio 4, iPlayer Radio.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p034wrq4

Such as Sophie's Lights :heart::heart::heart:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09jcftt

There are many other exceptional readings and dramas which you can download onto your smartphone, tablet in the iPlayer Radio app.

Belle
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Hi @Esme17 !

I think it's nice to go for a walk when ill. Being outside actually helps you to feel better and recover quicker (provided that you're wrapped up warm!). Having some soothing music in the background makes a nice atmosphere at home as well. :)

Hope you feel better soon!

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Hey Esme17,

You're probably feeling much better now which is fab! But just for future reference, it's always good to get fluids and go to bed earlier! I've also found that when I eat oranges I feel 100 times better the next day. I've tried orange juice and the effect isn't the same, so stick to eating oranges! They contain vitamin C which is really good for you! Have a great Christmas!

Drea:heart: