Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How do you maintain relationships?

peachysoopeachysoo Posts: 151 Helping Hand
Hi everyone :rainbow2:

I wanted to start a new discussion on maintaining relationships after the main form of communication is changed in some way. This might sound quite easily solved, e.g. by communicating via a new method, however I personally find that it can be quite awkward sometimes to keep in touch, especially if there hardly seems to be the time!

In my opinion, I feel like keeping in touch depends upon several factors, such as mutual effort from both parties, which, in itself, is dependent on many variables and personal circumstances!

I'm interested in what everyone else thinks!:chin:

peachysoo

Comments

• Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Hi peachysoo,

I think it would be helpful to have a discussion with your partner about arranging a time in your schedule when you can talk. That way, you are both aware that you are making an effort for each other, and don't have to worry about when they will call/text/send a letter via carrier pigeon!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    I think maintaining any kind of relationship is based upon mutual effort, as you highlighted @peachysoo - if both of you want to keep in touch, you will! It's sometimes difficult to accept but when circumstances change (e.g. going to uni with someone then going home) and it's more difficult to keep in touch, you lose touch. I take that as a natural part of life, though! The people who care, and I care about, will stay *hug*
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend