Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mum and Belle my little sister

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
On our way home from shopping in town, I got a two phonecalls. One from the hospice where Mum is staying and the other from my lawyer in Majorca.

First, Mum. The hospice says that she may be able to come home to spend Christmas Day and Boxing Day with us, on the proviso her terminal illness doesn't worsen. Presently she is comfortable and settled, but understandably misses being home. So will will see. The news is good and possibly could become wonderful if Mum could spend a few days with us over the two maybe three Christmas days.

The second phonecall came fromm my lawyer who, not only ascertained Belle was adopted, buut also that there are discrepancies over her birth certificate. My lawyer is investigating the possibility that Belle could in fact be - 16 and not, 13.

This revelation would make sense. Belle acts older, her grammar and vocabulary is on par with mine, and she's a toughie. When before our mother came off her cancer remission, I was strong for my family. But since Mum got sick and I began feeling overwhelmed and tearful (town today was a nightmare!), Belle took over and boy, is she strong! Cooks brilliantly, too. So it would be absolutely wonderful if my lawyer uncovers her real birth age, so watch this post until I hear more news.

All the best to you my friends,

Julie

Comments

• starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    @Princesa I am Soo happy for you that you mum night be able to come back for christmas. Thats great news and must make you so happy (and Belle also). Its understandable that you are overwhelmed over whats happening. i am here for you as are loads of people on here too.

With the news from the lawyer, thats soo strange. Was not expecting to read that today! Hopefully it will be uncovered soon so you can find out! Let us know when you hear something? :)

Thinking of you, Esme x
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Esme17 wrote: »
    @Princesa I am Soo happy for you that you mum night be able to come back for christmas. Thats great news and must make you so happy (and Belle also). Its understandable that you are overwhelmed over whats happening. i am here for you as are loads of people on here too.

With the news from the lawyer, thats soo strange. Was not expecting to read that today! Hopefully it will be uncovered soon so you can find out! Let us know when you hear something? :)

Thinking of you, Esme x

Hi @Esme17 Thank you for replying and your support xx

I have amazing news just come through in this evening! My sister Belle is officially 16! My lawyer works from home after hours and faxed us her birth certificate which shows Belle's full name, parents, year of birth: 2001 and date. Belle is thrilled though wondering why she has dim recollection of the first few years of her life, isn't stressed out with the news, but jubilant.

As for Mum, we will have to wait until nearer the time when the hospice medical director and doctor can give her the OK to spend Christmas with us.

-Julie
  • starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Princesa wrote: »

Hi @Esme17 Thank you for replying and your support xx

I have amazing news just come through in this evening! My sister Belle is officially 16! My lawyer works from home after hours and faxed us her birth certificate which shows Belle's full name, parents, year of birth: 2001 and date. Belle is thrilled though wondering why she has dim recollection of the first few years of her life, isn't stressed out with the news, but jubilant.

As for Mum, we will have to wait until nearer the time when the hospice medical director and doctor can give her the OK to spend Christmas with us.

-Julie

Thats amazing! She must be so happy and im happy for her. Ill keep my fingers crossed for your mum being allowed home for a bit.

Esme x
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Awww Julie what a lovely post. I'm so hoping your mum can come home for Christmas, that would be fantastic.

As for Belle, how strange but that is really amazing!

What a lovely post!

Eleanor x
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thank you so much for coming to my post, @independent_

What amazes me is Belle isn't overly affected, but says she feels no different. Which is, of course, so right. Her maturity has always made my family wonder if she was older. Now we know!

Her birth certificate was sent by fax which, incidentally, is a legal document in its own right. Today we are seing my other lawyer, the British one, to talk about matters regarding Mum. Also, Belle wants to be my carer! How about that? All these legalities and signatures have to be done, whatever.

-Julie x