Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Absolutely devastated

Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
I had a meeting with student welfare at college today and they have forced me to take a year out of my counselling course. I loved the lessons so much and yes my mental health isnt amazing but it wont ever be, i thought i was doing so well too. :crying::(:banghead:
''You were in the wilderness
Looking for your own purpose
Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)

Comments

• RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey Jacob,

That sounds so frustrating to deal with, I'm sure most people would hate to have something taken out of their control like that so it's understandable that you're feeling so annoyed. Is there anyone you can talk to in order to try and repeal the decision or maybe look for other solutions? I'm not really familiar with your school's system so I can't give a lot of advice but the boards are always a great place to have a rant and get things off your chest. Here's hoping you're able to sort things out or hopefully let off a little steam somehow.

- Riley
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey @Jacob101

I'm really sorry to hear what happened with student welfare at college. It sounds like you were really enjoying the course and doing really well at it, I'm sorry to hear about the decision they made. How are you feeling about their decision?

You mentioned they've forced you to take a whole year out, is that a set amount of time or is there a chance you can return sooner?

All the best,

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • AngelIsMe21AngelIsMe21 Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    Jacob101 wrote: »
    I had a meeting with student welfare at college today and they have forced me to take a year out of my counselling course. I loved the lessons so much and yes my mental health isnt amazing but it wont ever be, i thought i was doing so well too. :crying::(:banghead:

Hey Jacob,
    How are you feeling about this now? It can be and is very frustrating when something like this happens but please try to remember that they are not doing this to punish you but instead, have your best interests at heart.