Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Mix’s #STRONGER campaign

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
x1BqZwr.jpg

Hey everyone!

The Mix and VO5 have partnered together to help empower young people to change the narrative around how they are perceived to a more accurate and positive one – strong and resilient.

VO5 is supporting The Mix’s #STRONGER campaign, which aims to encourage young people to share their own stories of strength and give them access to mental health support. #STRONGER comes at a time when depictions of young people usually focus on gang violence, youth unemployment, the rising cost of education, unattainable houses and not the positive impact and importance of young people in today’s society.

The Mix is campaigning to make International Youth Day, on 13th August 2018, the first bank holiday to celebrate young people’s achievements, their potential and contributions to society. The hope is that a dedicated bank holiday will help to change the narrative into a positive one STRONG and RESILIENT.

Show your support and sign the petition.

- Aife
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Done ✅
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Done :hyper:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Doneded :cool: