Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

New Club Try outs

starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
Hey guys! I guess this is kind of an update on things at the same time as being a slightly new thing. Im not too sure :p

Basically in the summer at a competition a coach from another club was trying to get me to join their club and compete with them but i didn't. With everything that has happened to me at my club now the same coach came up to me on Thursday and asked if i want to come for trial sessions at their club.

I have just gotten home from my first session there and i really enjoyed it. Hopefully i can go back again next week. Now i have to decide what i want to do. I can be a member of both clubs and train with both of them but i am only allowed to compete for one club and the club i compete for first in the season is the club i have to compete for during the whole season. This is what im struggling on deciding.

If i stay with the club i am at now, i am the only person in my age group and so can only do individual events and a lot of the time i am at competitions by myself but if i compete for the other club then i will have a few more people with me and can do team events as well as individual ones. I have always wanted to be able to do more than i can.

I would feel really bad if i dont compete for my home club though because i have grew up there and would feel like i am ditching them. I also dont know how either clubs would take it if i changed clubs and if they would let me train with them but compete for someone else.

Do you guys have any advice on what can help me choose what i want to do? I feel stuck in the middle with two clubs fighting over who gets me to compete for them. The coaches at both clubs have came up and quietly spoken to me about competing and i dont want to say no to either of them :(

I get myself into the worst situations somehow!

Esme :heart:

Comments

• Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    The new club sounds like a great opportunity, but I can't tell you what to do, only you can make that decision. What I can suggest is making a pro and con list? I know you've started that here. Or perhaps speaking to both coaches about your worrys? I know you said you've grown up at this club but dont let that hold you back, choose the one you will be happiest at :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''