Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Types of cheating - which do you think is worse?

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
Hey everyone,

Research has found that men are more jealous of sexual cheating and women of emotional cheating. Men can be less forgiving towards their female partner when it comes to sexual cheating, whereas women are more jealous about the emotional attachment that may result from their partners cheating on them. Which do you think is worse and why?

Look forward to hearing your thoughts!

- Aife
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This is an interesting idea. For me, if my partner cheated it would be the break in the trust that would be toughest to deal with I think. Perhaps it's easier to understand that attraction to other people exists and does for everyone, but the lack of control or perhaps even the decision to act on that is what would make it very difficult for me to process. As a woman, that does seem to agree with the research. I am sure men would feel similar though on some level.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I honestly think the sexual cheating is worse, as humans we all develop different feelings and while we can't stop that we can stop ourselves from acting on it.
    loving someone else is common and when that happens you should just be honest with your current partner as honesty is much better in the long run. there's no need to cheat on them when all you had to do was tell them. I've never been the one to get angry over emotional attachment, would I get jealous? of course because I love them but I understand that it can't be helped its our brains, but sexual cheating? I feel I wouldn't be able to forgive x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • vidhyavidhya Deactivated Posts: 75 Budding Regular
    This is a tough question as I think both situations are tough! I guess I fall into the research's findings, because I think I would be more disappointed if my partner formed an emotional relationship with someone else more than just being attracted to someone. In my opinion, attraction is a very automatic reaction, whereas developing an emotional relationship takes time to form. However, I would still be extremely hurt if my partner cheated on me sexually. Tough question, I don't think there's a right answer!