Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Moving on...

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
Hey everyone,

About this time four years ago, I made my debut on the boards by asking everyone what their gangster name was. A bit of a weird entrance in retrospect, but this was the moment I properly joined the community having been a volunteer on and off for 6 years (anyone remember Do-it or Lifetracks?!)

Since then it’s been an incredible journey getting to know everyone, from you old-timers to you new arrivals (and everybody in between of course ;) ). You lot are some of the kindest, funniest, most passionate, most caring and most creative people I've known and it’s been an inspirational ride!

But, as you might have guessed by now, my journey with The Mix is about to enter a new leg as I leave the team here at the end of the month. I’ll still be around on the boards or in chat here and there, but for the most part you may not see me about that much.

The wonderful thing about this place is that you lot are in the driving seat, and as mods, we’re just along for the ride (and occasionally to be the SatNav operators ;) ). When it comes to support, you folks can offer each other so much, and it’s been such a privilege seeing you all use your own experiences and insights to help each other through the tough times. This is the heart of the community, which I know will continue - as it always has - and that you’ll be in safe hands with Mike and Aife.

You are all amazing people, and it's your compassion, wisdom and enthusiasm that make this place so special. :)

Now, if you’ve gone back and read my first ever thread, you’ll soon realise that the formula I used for calculating gangsta names back then was pretty awful. So, I think it’s only right that I rectify the situation by using my last thread to improve it!

Here it is then. Using this shiny, new and hopefully more successful formula, what is your gangsta name?
Gangster name = your favourite ice cream flavour + favourite type of shoe

Stay awesome :thumb:

Pistachio slippers / JPick / James

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Sad to see you are leaving James. Youve helped out so much and for so long. You will be missed

I wish you all the very best in what you are doing next
    Do take care

-(Sorry i cant think of my fav shoe or ice cream flavour)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    JPICK You can't leave us :no::crying:

I just want to thank you for the past 4 years, without yours and the other mods help, I don't think I'd be where I am today.

Thank you so much for being amazing, and I wish you all the luck in the future! :heart:

~Hann

P.s - Gangster name - Vanilla Trainers :lol:
  • Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    James please dont go. :crying:

I remember when i first came to The Mix - you were absolutely incredible and helped me settle in so well. I am going to be honest and say that i had to read this twice because im shocked and upset that you are going. You have helped me so much and without The Mix i honestly don't know where i would be. I remember the first time we met was at a workshop in the offices of John Lewis, i was so so shy and you made me feel at ease and, most recently the volunteer party during the counselling online chat workshop.

It has been an absolute pleasure to know you, there have been times when i have wanted to kick you but now i see, you were making the right decisions. I am sure you will go far in whatever you wish to pursue. Good luck for the future!! :thumb: *runs to buy some super glue so i can stick you to your seat in The Mix offices*

Gangster name - cookie dough converses
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    James sit your bum back down!! You can't leave us. you are part of the originals!!! ne of the only fragments left of thesite :( Going to miss you
  • CharlotteCharlotte Posts: 229 Trailblazer
    Good luck James in everything you do in the future, it will be sad to see you go. You are there for everyone and are an amazing person, kind and caring. I am sure you will be greatly missed by everyone. You have helped me so much, so thankyou. Please do come back and say hello again in the future, it will be great to see you again. Without the mods which run this site there would be no site so thankyou so putting up with everything, thankyou for always being here for everyone. Thanks James.

Gangster name= mint choc chip trainers

James thanks for everything.

Just for you:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k-7z5X0ATEc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rCaUvj-vB3s
  • RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    Sad to hear you're going, I still remember the skype interview last year (i'm pretty sure), I was nervous thinking you was gunna be this scary person haha.

Good luck on your future endeavours and I hope you have a successful career :wave:
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Awwwwwww James!!! Sad to hear you're leaving! Will miss you. I remember when I first joined you were one of the first to say hi to me!

Oh, and my gangster names: by the old formula, I'd be EMac. But by the new one... I'd be Mint Choc Chip Trainor 😂😂

I wish you the best of luck!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    I don't know where to start with this message. You'll be greatly missed by most people.
    ​Always remember where you started be its equally as important to remember where you have been as well.
    ​Keep with the music and personally I would love to hear how good you really are. No point in saying stay with us because its your time to move on and its important that you grow and adventure maybe somewhere outside of London (Come more up north maybe).

​It was a pleasure to annoy you and lyrically pranking you.
    ​Come back and see us in a few months once you have settled.

Speak soon

​Abi
    ​P.S I woke up saw this message and a few tears may have been shed. :)
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    @Abigail[/USER] i cried as well. Im sure other people have as well - The Mix is going to be wrong without you [USER="66879"]James . I still can't quite believe it to be honest.

James you need to do one or multiple chats before you go - not on a Wednesday though.

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Aww thanks for the kind words everyone blush.gif

The Mix has always been a special place for me and you will still see me around from time to time :yes:

Aidan / Mint choc chip converse, I actually got a new jumper pretty recently as a present. It's bright red though, so we'll see ;)

Shaunie, how about Peachy Moon Boot? (best I could think of tongue.gif )

Hann / Vanilla Trainers, thanks! Best of luck to you too, though I don't think you'll need it ;)

Jess / cookie dough converses, you too and thanks :) Carry on fighting the good fight! I am down for GC on Tues

Louisa, it does feel like that doesn't it? TheSite legacy lives on though!

Charlotte / mint choc chip trainers, thank you for the music! Glad you like Netsky too! Carry on exploring :)

Rhys, I remember that too! It's been awesome having you on the team thumb.gif

Independent_ / Mint Choc Chip Trainer, Thanks! Your old-style gangsta name reminds me of this!

Abi, great advice there :yes: I don't have any recordings I'm afraid, but this was our signature piece (listen out for the ridiculous horn part!)

Meggles, I'll miss you all too. Everyone deserves the chance to be the best version of themselves they can be smile.gif

Thanks again everyone!

James
    Awww @James :crying:

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Jess101 wrote: »
    James please dont go. :crying:

I remember when i first came to The Mix - you were absolutely incredible and helped me settle in so well. I am going to be honest and say that i had to read this twice because im shocked and upset that you are going. You have helped me so much and without The Mix i honestly don't know where i would be. I remember the first time we met was at a workshop in the offices of John Lewis, i was so so shy and you made me feel at ease and, most recently the volunteer party during the counselling online chat workshop.

It has been an absolute pleasure to know you, there have been times when i have wanted to kick you but now i see, you were making the right decisions. I am sure you will go far in whatever you wish to pursue. Good luck for the future!! :thumb: *runs to buy some super glue so i can stick you to your seat in The Mix offices*

Gangster name - cookie dough converses

Great idea @Jess101! We should all buy superglue so James can stay!

Gangster name - berry flip flop!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey James,

I just want to say I will miss you and good luck with your next adventure. I remember those weekender's where I used to laugh at your phone, have you updated it yet? and the weekenders where you made me realise I could do things I didn't think I would be able to do. I remember the public speaking weekender and the encouragement I got from you and the other mods meant so much to me.

It feels sad that your leaving, your the only original member of TheSite left behind, That being said everyone moves on and thats okay. :heart:

Your a really great guy, and I am sure whatever you go onto next you'll be amazing at it :thumb:

I just want to say thank you for your amazing support during my time as a volunteer for TheSite/TheMix and also as a member. I wouldn't be the person I am today if it wasn't for all the support.

Carry on being amazing James.

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    James,

it's been a while since i've been here & i didn't think i'd ever come back however after having a little nose at the Russell Brand posts i came across this post.
    I just want to - much like everyone else - tell you how much you will be missed in this community, it's not always easy here & you've been an anchor to many of us along our own little journey's, you've provided us with an ear when no one else would listen & a safe space for us to comprehend the chaos this funny world drowns us in. from the very bottom of my heart i am so overwhelmed with gratitude for your time, your words & your empathetic nature. you really are a credit to this charity & i know there's something else out there that needs a bit of James magic.

thank you so very much for everything, i'll forever be grateful & i wish you the very best in all you do.
    Ella, Ivy, Emily. whoever I am now lol.
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Hey James

I just wanted to pop by to wish you the best of luck to whatever you are moving on to, I am sure you will do great in your future. You will be missed here.
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Thanks again everyone!

*'narnaMonkey* - hehe, I have updated it yep - entered the 21st century ;) Best of luck with the new job as well! I hope it's a good kind of change :)

ivyunderthestars - it has been a while since you were here last! Good to hear from you :) Best of luck to you too - the journey continues ever onwards!

Jelly - thanks :) I'll see you around no doubt (especially if this superglue plan works out :p)

James
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    giphy.gif

:heart:
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Mike wrote: »
    giphy.gif

:heart:

Literally all of us right now
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hello. I see you're back for a week or so. Nice to meet you. :)