Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

No way can i continue like this

AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
Hi everyone

Its hard for me to type this but I'm struggling.* I can't balance everything thats going on at the moment. Results day, caring, people and even simple things like seeing family im struggling to do.
Saw my brother today, its been over a year since i last saw him. Is it bad to say that i could walk past my brother in the street and not even know who he was?
Am i cut out for this life of caring and education? Probably not but hey ho.

Hope your all well

Speak soon

Abi
Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.

Comments

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey Abi,

It sounds like there's a lot going on at the moment, I hope you're okay. You mentioned that you feel like you can't balance everything right now, it can be hard when there's a lot going on all at once so it's okay if you feel like you're struggling. What can be important is to look after yourself when you feel you're struggling. Would you like to tell us a bit more about what you feel is making it difficult to balance everything?

For some people when things are feeling a little hard to manage or are getting a bit too much, it can help to take some time away from everything and do more of what you enjoy doing, like listening to music or relaxing with friends. Do you feel taking some time away and spending some time for yourself could be helpful?

It sounds like it's been a while since you saw your brother, how did you feel when you saw him?

Keep posting here whenever you need to, we're all here for you :)

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Thanks Afie. I did read this earlier when you posted it but i was getting a bit better.

Sadly it has come to that time in the month when I'm not great. Things over on kooth was made difficult for me tonight and have made me emotional tonight. How am I? I would say fine. Really im stressed, im worried and life at home has got worse recently for me. Had some news tonighr from a family memeber about my grandad and I'm now going to worrying about him as well. Life for me over the next couple of months might be a bit tuff.
    So please be be gental to me while i try and figure things out and if something does happen offline and im not around or i come on and im not myself i just thought you should all be aware.
    Im not as strong as people think.
    Abi
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey Abi

You wrote this a few dyas ago but im hoping youre feeling a bit better now? 💜
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Hey Shaunie,

​Im still not great but powering on through. Not going to allow anyone stopping from doing the things I love to do.
    Hope your alright and had a nice birthday,

Speak soon

Abi
  • RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    Hey @Abigail Just checking in to see how everything is going?
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch
    Hi @Rhys Im still struggling. Found things hard this pasted couple of days.
    Hope your alright.