Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Living with people I don't know. Help

Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
edited March 27 in Work & Study
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey Meggles,

I'm sorry to hear you felt anxious letting your new housemate into the house. For many people, it can be difficult living with new people we don't know yet. These feelings you're experiencing are common for many people in this situation so you're not alone in feeling this way. It can take a bit time to feel comfortable around new housemates and that's okay. It's great that you're reaching out for advice on how to break the ice with new housemates. How are things going at the moment?

There's a great Buzzfeed article that I found with some tips for living with housemates that might be helpful to read through. You can find this here. One of the tips mentioned is to not be afraid to sit with your housemate and do nothing, sometimes this can be the best way to get to know someone rather than going out and doing something fun.

Hope this is helpful, do keep us updated with how it's going :)

- Aife :rainbow2:
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    I moved in to a shared house end of last year with females I didnt know and I just sat with them and I have gotten to know them mostly
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hey meggles i just moved and i brought some wine and set up a group whatsapp group
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey @Meggles

Has your room sharing got better for you since last August? Sorry to be late to your thread.

Julie