Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How to deal with a bully?

Stars2Stars2 Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
2 years ago, it all started. I noticed my neighbours sister always stared at me whenever I went out the house and didn't stop looking at me. Then my nephews would come with my sister to see me. They wanted to play out with the other boys. Sometimes they were nice and sometimes they damn right evil. Throwing stones, dragging them across a field and swearing at them. We didn't like it but their mother asked if he said sorry and he did. But they carried on. And one day I was babysitting, one of my nephews kept getting hit so his brother started having a fight with him just like he did to my nephew. All of a sudden their mother came out. She never watched them or checked on them until this one day and she decided to have a go at me and my nephew. Then another neighbour (who didnt like me because I put my bins out where she didnt want me to) came out and started calling me fat head and that no likes me round here. Anyway, the mother kept coming to my house and making up stories that I shouted at her son when it was all lies. I dont like any trouble I suffered depression in the past. Then the mothers sister decided to start on me and said she will get her 9 year old daughter to hit my nephews. She rode her bike into me and waved at me smiling to intimidate me. She also would do this whenever she saw me and if with her sister she'd say look its your mates. I also had them throwing stones at my place and laughing and letting their kids also pull their fingers up and call me tramp etc. The police visited her to warn her but she lied to them saying my nephews threatened her daughter. I was so shocked! She still acts pothetic and childish to this day and its making me angry, nervous, anxious and lost my appetite. Dont know how to deal with it. I moved, what else can I do.

Comments

• GlennGlenn Posts: 52 Boards Initiate
    Hi Stars2

It sounds like a really intimidating place you've come from, it can be shocking when people are mean or lie.

How's it been since you moved? What's going on when you feel angry now?

glenn
  • SunshineSoulSunshineSoul Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    Hi Stars2 :wave:

​It's great that you've felt you've been able to seek support from us here at The Mix.

​It sounds as if you've had to deal with a lot of torment and intimidation from some very difficult people. I'll start off by saying that you did the right thing by contacting the police as it sounds like you felt that you were at risk of harm. How did the police proceed in this case and did you complete a statement? Also we are all so different and sometimes we just do not get on well with others, it is not your fault, some people can just be outright terrible people!

How is your new location? Do you still have contact with this person?

In terms of your anxiety has this improved since moving or do you wish to talk to us more about it?

- Sunny :rainbow:

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hi :)
    it sounds like you've had to deal with quite a lot of intimidation, its good that you contacted the police have they done anything or have you completed a statement? do you still have contact with them?
    and how is your new place are you finding it better? I hope moving has taken pressure off the anxiety but remember that we're all here for you and if you need to talk about it the mix will always be available x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld