Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hurting mentally

Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey Meggles,

I’m really sorry to hear about what’s been going on. These things people have been saying to you sound really hurtful and upsetting, I hope you're okay. It's really important to remember that none of this is your fault at all. You mentioned that you want help and someone to talk to. Do you feel you can reach out to somewhere like Samaritans or Papyrus about what’s been going on?

Hope you're okay :),

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Hey Meggles,

I'm sorry to hear that reaching out about this wasn't helpful, I hope we can help you talk through things on the boards here. It's really important to protect yourself from these hurtful things people are saying to you. There's a bit of advice on The Mix article about what you can do about online harassment and cyberbullying that might be helpful. I've included a bit from the article below:
    What if it just won’t stop?

The most important thing to remember is that you should never ignore cyberbullying. Report it, flag it, and talk to someone about it. There are lots of places you can go for help and advice – check out the tips below, or talk to another young person at somewhere like The Mix’s Community Boards.

What to do if you’re being harassed online:
    • Report any cyberbullying, whether it’s targeted at you or not, to the service provider
    • Never respond or retaliate, as this can make things worse. It might be difficult, but try to ignore the bullies. Block them from contacting you too.
    • Save and print out any bullying messages, posts, pictures or videos you receive or see.
    • Make a note of dates and times of bullying messages, along with any details you have about the sender’s ID.
    • Don’t pass on cyberbullying videos or messages – that makes you as bad as the cyberbully.
    • If you’re being bullied repeatedly online, think about changing your user ID, nickname or profile.
    • Finally… if you think that someone else is being cyberbullied, don’t ignore it. If you see cyberbullying going on, report it and offer your support.

Do you feel you can report what's going on to the social media websites?

For some people it's not easy, but what can help is to ignore all these messages because everything they are saying isn't true. No one deserves any of these hurtful things to be said to them. Do you feel you can log yourself out of these websites to protect yourself from seeing anymore hurtful things?

Stay strong Meggles :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Oh Meggles - I'm so sorry to hear you feel this way. Trust me, we do care. I've literally only just seen this, so sorry I couldn't reply to you sooner.

You sound like you really, really need support, and caring and kind words right now. I'm really not surprised that you feel upset about what people are saying to you. It must be horrible for you.

It's always ok to vent here too, we're all here to listen to you. I care. We care. I don't always have the right words to say, but I care!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • SunshineSoulSunshineSoul Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    Hey Meggles!

​Nobody deserves to hear those awful words that you unfortunately have. You don't deserve to feel down because of these negative people, it's not your fault and these bullies are not worth your mental distress, time or tears! First point of call is to report these people so that others don't experience these awful comments and secondly I would suggest avoiding these sites where you come across these cyber bullies. Is there something you can do to take your mind off this, maybe listen to music or settle down in front of your favourite show?

Remember you are not alone and you can always speak to us, we are all here to listen *hug*

231cf661e37d5275835bcfe6246cffc4.jpg

:heart:

- Sunny :rainbow:

• PositiveAuraPositiveAura Posts: 150 Helping Hand

Hi Meggles :wave:

​I hope you know that people on here are listening but we are on/offline at different times, I'm sorry you felt alone earlier. We are ALL here to try and help as much as we can and reassure you that even though there are a few awful people that will say awful things, there are also those who want to spread some joy, hope and kindness.

​I noticed this post was earlier today, but how are you feeling this evening? :rainbow2:

​All of Aife's links are so good if you feel that talking more about these feelings and experiences is what you need.

​If that's not what you need right now, remember we can help too.

​Those that are saying these hurtful things are not worth even considering their words. Just think about how negative these things are and that their energy is negative too. But that's them. And as hard as it is to avoid, remember that there are positive people, with positive words and positive energy for you and this is what you want to absorb!

Absorb all the good words, all the care and energy you feel from here. Which I hope you do.

​Try and surround yourself with positive words and images to uplift your spirits.

This can be things like quotes, drawings, positive pictures. Things that you can draw yourself or print off.

​And hey, who doesn't love colouring? It's something to occupy your mind and bring colour into these grey days. :confused: :rainbow2:

I know this doesn't seem much but all that you are feeling is valid and hard to overcome but you are doing this all right now. It's important to start with the small things. Start by surrounding yourself with these little things that you can wake up to and look at when anyone is being spiteful or you are feeling down.

​This can be more powerful than you think!

​I hope my words help and you are feeling a little better this evening.

​If you need a few positive quote ideas, let us know and we will lift everyone's spirits!

-PositiveAura.
    Hey Meggles, the Relationship Squadees are absolutely right. @PositiveAura what lovely words there.

Yeah, just checking up on you. How're you feeling this evening?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Hi Meggles :wave:

​I'm glad to hear that you went for a little walk that made you feel a bit better. Getting some fresh air and stretching our bodies really can help to clear the mind sometimes. (Even if the sun seems to be none-existent at the moment!)

​And never feel like you need to apologise for any of the things you say as coming across in those ways. We are here to listen to anything you are thinking and feeling.

​You say that College have gotten involved before, did you find that anyone was able to help there or if there was anyone to talk to?

​Maybe if you have a few things written down that you know you can turn to if you start having these negative feelings or thoughts.

If you ever feel anxious, scared or any of the things you are saying, do you thing there are a few things you could do to calm yourself?
    Like you mentioned earlier you went for a walk or I mentioned things above like colouring and writing positive messages?
    ​Maybe creating a positive playlist that you can tune into? :)

​Or baking? :d I've popped over to your thread and have seen your creations! Do you find this helps how you feel at all?

​It's all about finding your outlet - we all have something that makes us feel better, you just have to see what fits for you.

​-PositiveAura
    Awwww Meggles, I feel so sorry for you. Please don't worry, you do not sound demanding or bitchy at all. You need support, you deserve to get it just like the rest of us and it's totally oka to express the way you are feeling on here.

I'm sorry if I missed something in your posts, but how do you feel after your little walk? Do you think it helped to calm you, even if it was just a for a few minutes?
    Oh Meggles, if you're struggling right now, look over all the things we've said today and see if anything helps.
    See what you might need tonight and if any of the things we've talked about can make tonight any better. Something to lift your spirits and calm your busy mind. *hug*

If not, you can head over to our 1-2-1 chat: http://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/speak-to-our-team
    ​It's open 11am-11pm so if you need to, they are available a little longer tonight.
    ​You can even call on the same times on [URL="tel:08088084994"]0808 808 4994 [/URL]if you need someone to speak to over the telephone.

​And if you are really in need tonight please don't hesitate, any of Aife's suggestions are really good people to contact and talk to.

​Hope this helps, I'm sending my positive energy over through this right to you Meggles. :rainbow2:

​-PositiveAura
    Hey Meggles,

I just wanted to check in and ask how you're feeling today?

In your last few posts, you mentioned that you're feeling like this is a repeat of what happened last time. Is there something that helped you through this difficult time last time? Perhaps some of these things could help you this time. I know I've mentioned this before, but I just wanted to link you to a few places you can reach out to if you ever feel this are getting overwhelming or if you feel you might need crisis support:

Samaritans - offer a safe place for you to talk anytime you like about anything you're going through. You can call them on 116 123 and email them on jo@samaritans.org.

Papyrus - offer non-judgemental support, advice and information to young people under the age of 25. You can email them at pat@payrus-uk.org, text them on 07786 209 697 or call them at 0800 068 4141. They are open Mon-Fri 10am-10pm and 2-10pm on weekends.

Hope you're okay Meggles :)

- Aife

Hey Meggles,

I'm so sorry to hear you're having a really hard time right now. It sounds just that - an extremely difficult time for you and a time when you really need support. And I know I said this yesterday to you but I shall say it again, it's always okay to ask for that support on here. I just wanted to say I think you're incredibly brave for being so open with all of us - does it feel good to just write it all somewhere?

How are you feeling now?